Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Impulse Blue VZ SS - Supersports on!!

surrender

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt
Well I'm keeping the ball rolling pretty quickly, got a set of supersports today, need two new tyres but that's alright. Only issue is that currently they have 245/35/20 on them which is pushing it on the VZ I think, I am going to do a little bit of test fitting and see what I can do. I do like having the extra meat but we shall see! Will get photos up ASAP.

surrender

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt
After much deliberation about which size tyres to fit.. I was thinking of 245/30/20, 225/30/20, 225/35/20, 245/35/20 and had no idea so I did my research and went with the one that was load rated and legal and didn't require any guard mods to fit it. 245/30/20, very happy with that choice, 225 is too skinny and there is still enough meat on these to somewhat cushion the ride of the 20's. Car is starting to look how I want it to, slowly but surely. Just gotta get the time to put the ripshifter in now, will probably do diff/gearbox/engine oils at the same time.. What do you all think of the wheels?

surrender

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt
Yes missing front centre cap, lost it somewhere, bloody annoying! Will get a set on there asap.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Yeh bud I like them too,look good,hows the ride? I hear mixed reports about 20's,albeit they look damn good with a little rear tuck :smoking:

surrender

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt
Cheers fellas, I think the writing has rubbed off all four springs so I can't tell whether they are king SL or SSL, I'm thinking they are SL and if that is the case I would like to go about 15mm lower all round so I will probably change to SSL all around when I get the chance. Will get shorter shocks when I do this unless I go balls out and just do coilovers straight up.

Kingy the ride on the 20's is honestly not very different from the 19's to me. The tyres on the old wheels were 235/35/19 and I'm now running 245/30/20 and they feel awesome. Stoked with how it looks and ride didn't change much at all, so much so that I'm keen to go a bit lower.

Next plans:

Engine oil + filter
Install the ripshifter + change gearbox oil
Diff oil + additive to hopefully quieten down this backlash clunk
Maybe black out wheels and badges?
Lower all round..
Muuuch more later down the track

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
go the 19's imo,20's are good but have less give so you feel the bumps etc more

surrender

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt
Still got a few things to do, rear passenger wheel is scrubbing pretty bad so I'll do a little DIY guard rolling sometime when the rain stops. I got my ripshifter in the other day though and it feels 1000x better than the old shifter with buggered bushes.

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Car is looking good. Just need to get rid of the yellow number plates lol.