Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Impulse VZ SS

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
A little bit off the topic lol... but how did you manage to take the photo of the car leaving the background grey? :)

Use Photo Shop. U kind of 'select' the car by deep etching it - tracing round it, and then separate it from the rest of the pic that u put into B&W, or whatever u want.

coo dawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS1
haha no, I was joking abt the deep etching :) Have used PS a bit myself and generally zoom in to grab all the pixels and then lightly feather the edges so all good.

Bought mine in 08 and have put 85,000k's on it since. Considering it's been abt $90 for a tank of fuel and that it lasts on average 400k's I have spent a lot on petrol!! (85,000/400=212.5 tanks. 212.5x90= $19,125. Faaark...

Almost 20K on petrol. Ahaha JESUS!

coo dawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS1
A little bit off the topic lol... but how did you manage to take the photo of the car leaving the background grey? :)

What Derro said,
but I find it easier to manually select all the blue elements with the wand tool and the black and white everything that is not selected by inverting the selection.

coo dawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS1
very nice, very very clean too ! look after her well :)

any plans for cam? induction etc ?

My mate has a cammed VZ tonner, same colour, and it sounds mental and goes hard with a cam so it's definitely tempting. Probably won't get one any time soon though.
A for induction, I'm keen on getting a decent OTR and a mafless tune.
What about you?

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
My mate has a cammed VZ tonner, same colour, and it sounds mental and goes hard with a cam so it's definitely tempting. Probably won't get one any time soon though.
A for induction, I'm keen on getting a decent OTR and a mafless tune.
What about you?

look at my thread buddy, ive done tooo much haha, go for a duspeed OTR by far the best

coo dawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS1
I was looking at your thread the other day. Perfect car! I bet the LS3 would be a lot of fun too.
Yeah I've heard nothing but good thins about the DUSPEED OTR's

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
its a amazing to drive compared to the ls1, yeh the duspeeds look the goods too, best looking one

I know, I test drove a couple of ls1s. After I tried the 6 litre there was NO GOING BACK. Very noticeable torque gains, heaps more power in low revs and much more punch

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
I know, I test drove a couple of ls1s. After I tried the 6 litre there was NO GOING BACK. Very noticeable torque gains, heaps more power in low revs and much more punch

wait till u drive a 6.2...it gets better ;)