Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicator Cover Replacement

habro

Resident Car Hack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
On the front left corner of the VP my cover is cracked and needs replacing. Firstly, what's the proper name for it so I don't sound like too much of a tool at the wreckers. Secondly, how do I get the existing cover out and the new one in? It's not the headlight, but the indicator/parker cover - seems a bit more difficult

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
don't think you can buy just the glass bit (dunno what to call it either) you gotta get the mounting as well - pretty much the whole assembly without the headlight bit... if you know what i mean
that's what i was told when replacing them on dad's VN anyway - got a quote at 25 bucks each side, getting em tomorrow

habro

Resident Car Hack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
sweet as, thanks for that. should get onto it now or no doubt i'll just get used to the crack and forget about it. easy to install / uninstall?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
looks pretty simple to replace, haven't done it yet

i'll keep you posted (i'll prolly put em on tonight)
if you can, i recommend you borrow a gregorys/haynes manual off someone since there's simple instructions in that.
should be basic enough though