Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

indicator issue

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
i got mine fixed from holden and a brand new 1 off a vt ive disconnected the cruise control, option as i dont use it either its useless unless u wana be lazy and take ur foot off the throttle and drive doing 60 or so k's just seems useless.

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
my indicators work fine...just when im driving the indicator ticking sound will go of fast as hell.....then it stops and might happen 10 mins later then stop , not happen for a day and i might turn right and it happens again ...ANYONE know what that is ?

to the OP do you have LED globes ? if so pi*s them off

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
heeey clair bair :)
thannks. just got one too

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
yes. i would have to agree with clair on that one. if its a buzzing sound your hearing then i reckon that its the flasher relay. ive just fixed my mums one in her car and it was a sticky terminal inside where it makes contact when the electromagnet is activated. over time and use, it can become sort of semi melted but not quite, (cant think of the word for it). all i mean is that it sticks together or it just wont make contact enough.

In regards to the fact that your hazzards are working fine, that is because the hazzards are on a different curcuit to your indercator stalk. i recently replaced my relay because the indicators wouldnt work. spent ages pulling the dash appart before i realise that both my hazzards and when i used my central locking made all the indicator lights flash as they should. replace the relay and see how you go, they cost no more than $30 dollars from memory.
hope this helps