Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicator Problems...

V

VTSPAC

G'day All :thumbsup:

My VT's right indicator plays up on me all the time. sometimes all the lights work and sometimes only the front right indicator does not light up, therefore making it tick faster.

I've checked the bulb and it seems to be fine. The left indicators works perfectly. Could it be the relay? how can I check it? or what could it be????

It drives me nuts when driving sometimes..any comments much appreciated.

Cheers :thumbsup:

R

RW_Smoking

most likely

you are probably right when u say it could be a relay. I have only just got a VT so i do not know where the relays are. Replace the relay and see if that corrects the problem if not take it to a "friendly" auto electrician.

sparky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
My VX had the same problem, either going very slow or very fast like a blown globe. Replaced the relay and all was fine. The relay is in the fuse panel under the steering column, only way to check it is to replace it. If you have a friendly auto elect go down and do the swap there.

V

VTSPAC

Great guys!
thxs for the information. Will do that ASAP...

cheers!

D

djlingard04

Spray the globe holders with some inox or some sort of terminal cleaner. It works a treat!!!

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
When the filament breaks on the indicator gobe they can still get hot in circuit and they refuse appearing to work then fail again. Then refuse again. Change the globe.

Muttley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Had that prob with the left front indicator soon after I got my VT a few weeks back. I found the globe was loose in the holder. I was able to bend the spring contact out a bit to make it a firmer fit and it has been fine ever since.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
most probably the globe &/or holder is at fault, there is no relay that will only affect one bulb

Rob

wal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive v6/vc commodores
had same with my vt series 1 bulb holders forever commin loose put new rubber o rings on holders .......no problems now