Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicators not working at all

t_lukas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
I have similar problem with my vs calais. The indicators work when the car is on but don't have the engine running, as soon as I kick it over the indicators dont work. hazards work fine with engine running or not. Fuses are all fine but i dont understand why the indicators work when the ignition is on but wont work when the engines running!

Burnzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais
so took the car to an auto electrician. It ended up being a broken hazard switch causing the problem, so there you go. thanks for the replys guys.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I have similar problem with my vs calais. The indicators work when the car is on but don't have the engine running, as soon as I kick it over the indicators dont work. hazards work fine with engine running or not. Fuses are all fine but i dont understand why the indicators work when the ignition is on but wont work when the engines running!

Just had this problem with our VS - turned out it was the actual ignition switch that the key operates - $75 from GM. Pulled old switch apart and found return spring (start position) had broken. Apparently this is not uncommon and means when you turn the key off 'start' it may not be in the correct position and whilst the engine will run, other items like wipers/indicators will not.
You can tell if this is the problem if key is sluggish to return from start position.

BlackSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore
Hi Guys my Vr commodore indicators don't work have replaced stalk,fuse and hazard only thing I haven't is the flasher relay. Went to Auto Elec and he put in new one still nothing. Any ideas to fix or is it time for Auto Elec to take a look.

Paddyspossum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive
I had that problem and took it to a auto electrician and just tapped the hardard button a few times and the problem was fixed in seconds. he said it was the harzard button that collects dust and siezes up from not using it.

Thanks for this, had this problem and your solution fixed it straight away .... saved dollars at the auto electrian

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
And also you'll find that the radio won't function either if it's still the factory unit fitted with it's original wiring.

So the two key areas in this problem are the ignition switch and the Hazard light switch.