Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicators not working

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
EDIT:

DELETE THREAD PLS, problem solved with a bit of, what do you call it, COMMON FKN SENSE.

Blown fuse, Dodgy wiring, different bulbs, after doing the logical things to do (as Axemurderer stated below), I managed to put it down to a fuse and also wiring in the back of the indicator bulb surround.

FML.

Last edited:

Ssambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 Sedan, VY 3.8 Wagon, VY SS 5.7 Sedan
I dunno if this helps or not, (probably not) but I found that when the indicators in my VS SS stopped working all of a sudden, it was because of a dodgy hazard light switch... if a gave it a wriggle and held my tongue right the indicators would start working again. Worth a shot?

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
You Should have 12v to the purple wire at the flasher relay, if you dont you most likely have a blown fuse. Also make sure the fuse holder and fuse isnt all rusty as you will have a bad connection.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I dunno if this helps or not, (probably not) but I found that when the indicators in my VS SS stopped working all of a sudden, it was because of a dodgy hazard light switch... if a gave it a wriggle and held my tongue right the indicators would start working again. Worth a shot?

I don't think I even have a hazard light switch on my car hahaha

You Should have 12v to the purple wire at the flasher relay, if you dont you most likely have a blown fuse. Also make sure the fuse holder and fuse isnt all rusty as you will have a bad connection.

Ah okay, I'll stop in at supercheap on the way home tomorrow and buy a multi pack of fuses and replace them all since they're cheap enough anyway, and I'll pull the fuse holder and suss it out.

So basically the flow of power in a nutshell is Ignition > Relay > Indicator stalk > Bulbs (when stalk activated on left/right indicators), with the fuse in between there somewhere?

Just for pictures sake, here's what my fuse panel says on the cover cause it's not very informative lol:

100_0642.preview.jpg

Last edited:

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
It goes Ignition-fuse-relay-switch-bulb. The fuse cover says your wipers are on the same fuse so maybe check if they are working, if they are you might have a broken wire somewhere.