Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indy, any good this year?

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
what do people think of this fiasco with the A1GP cars not showing up at the last minute and the V8's doing two races on sat & sun to take their place on the programme?

I for one dont really miss the open wheelers and would rather see the V8's come out twice a day, a fair few of my mates think the same way

Spexta0ne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Senator 5000i
yeh man i went on 2day, i mean yesterday, sunday. it was still a prity good turn out i thought.. mayb if they bring the utes n fujitsu series n that 2 goldcoast next yr itl b a full days entertainment...

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
In the long run if the open wheelers pull out its going to hurt the event. I know when I go I always enjoy watching the open wheelers.

But I do agree if this is going to turn into a regular thing they need to bring out the utes. Did they do the Porsche cup or whatever its called this year?

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
When was it announced that they were not going to be there?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Only the Aussie race cars would have saved the day. They were fantastic around the track.

Mini's = boring.

V8's after a while zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Utes would have been OK

I spent the day fighting off sleeping infront of the telly. If Wincup had not been on a mission to smash cars, the day would have been a complete waste...

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Waste of time spending all that money to buid a race track and not to even get a international event to come is a joke wud have cost queensland $1000s mayb more specially with the sponcership etc

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
$11,000,000 was the sum I heard

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
they definitely needed more entertainment on the track, no porsche cup or utes racing, victor and ben bray not doing burnouts on sunday, im not certain the drifters got out sunday either. it made for some lengthy boring moments waiting for some track action.
not the greatest value for money.

i wont believe much of what i hear in the mainstream media in the aftermath of this, we all know how quick they can be to badmouth anything to do with cars and motorsport, being all too quick to report anything bad yet rarely report anything good. Auto Action, V8X magazine etc will most likely be the most truthful of the lot

it will be very interesting to see what happens next year (if anything) if they cant get a decent international open wheeler series. V8 Supercar street races only seem to be sucessful if they have something else going for them, for example:-

Adelaide- first race of the year (on aussie soil next year) with renowned party atmosphere
Townsville- 1500+km from the nearest circiut (QR) lots of people up there cashed up from the mines and not scared to spend $$$$$
Hamilton- only NZ round for the year, good party atmosphere so im told

if they hold a street race somewhere just for the sake of it (canberra) it seems to fold pretty quick. lets hope a V8-only indy can survive due to the whole 'gold coast, party 24-7' vibe the event has. fingers crossed

BJ31OS

Supercharged VT
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Series 2 VT
what do people think of this fiasco with the A1GP cars not showing up at the last minute and the V8's doing two races on sat & sun to take their place on the programme?

I for one dont really miss the open wheelers and would rather see the V8's come out twice a day, a fair few of my mates think the same way

From Memory A1GP are in a lot of financial trouble and thats why they didnt come out here, something to do with owing the transport company alot of $$$$$ so the transport company just left them sitting on the dock over in the UK.