Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

injector confusion

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
hi,

ive tried researching but had trouble finding exactly what i wanto know,

so i understand theres 3 or more types of injector used from vn1-vy
for the na ecotec.

i have fitted vt injectors to my car, it has idled smoother but lacks the power it should have up top, also on some cold mornings it starts fine but wants to stall cold,

so ive found the vt runs a higher pressure, do i just need the regulator or do i need
a vt tune done aswell?

its a vs series 1 t5 ecotec with pacies, mace 69mm tb, mace 25mm lower manifold spacer, a k n n and ss inductions, plus new msd coils n leads.

stock tune factory t5 comp.

thanks for any input guys n girls

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
yeap you only require the regulator which controls the extra pressure. if it wants to stall when cold, it might be worth removing and cleaning your throttle body, dont forget to remove and clean the IAC (i think thats the abbrev, idle air control)

did it run fine prior to installing the injectors? if the above doesnt help, one of the O-rings might not be seated, not that it should be an issue cos you said its idleing better

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
hi,
thanks for the reply,
yeah it ran fine till these really cold winter mornings it wants to stall for the first minute.

the only reason i went to vt injectors is cause when i was replacing the inlet gaskets
one of the injector plastic covers broke.

also it feels asthough its lacking power for the mods its got like its being starved

so i need the vt reg to boost pressure to 50psi?

also do u know the flow rates for vn vn2-vs and vt+ injjectors in lb or cc

thanks

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
from memory the vn-vs injectors flow 304cc and the vt+ flow 301cc its very minimal difference, but the vt has a better spray pattern. again from memory the VS pressure runs at 3bar and the vt run at 3.5bar, (i know its .5bar difference) dont know the psi rating sorry.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I fitted these brand new el cheapo brand injectors shown below in the link to my VSV6 and it runs way better now,starts instantly instead of winding over a bit before firing up etc,it just runs way better all round. I was fairly suprised at how good they run,considering their price.Also Ive seen guys fit cleaned or reco injectors that cost just as much as these new ones,and they have not made any difference to how the car ran,so I wanted brand new ones.I was gonna buy bosch brand VT ones,but I saw these ones and thought Id try them as they are only cheap so no great loss if they were no good.But they ended up being pretty good so far.Thats was a few months ago now.They probably wont last as long as the bosch ones do,they will probably stuff up in a few years,but thats ok,I will just replace them again with the same ones when that time comes..They will probably need replacing again by then anyway from being dirty..These injectors come with new o-rings fitted,and only took 2 days to get to me by post,which I also though was pretty good.

---HOLDEN COMMODORE NEW FUEL INJECTORS VN VP VR VS VT VX + | eBay---