Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Inside tyre wear rear

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
Hi all.
Does anyone know the remedy to fix why my rear tyres are wearing on the inside. All 4 tyres are the same and all running same pressure (36) psi. The vehicle has been lowered. The stance of the rear is that the top of the tyres sit in. Tyre shops cannot seem to fix it. VY Clubsport IRS. Do I need a bush kit or something?

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
If the front has excessive wear - would suggest that you have a bush or ball joint that has wear in it.

As the bloke above has said - most VY Commodores and their HSV variants struggle with tyre wear once lowered so there is a camber kit you can purchase to rectify it.

VY Camber Kit | eBay

The link above gives you an idea of what the parts look like and an idea on price...

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Vy's have a small amount of camber adjustment but a good tire place should get it close to perfect.. What size wheels/tires are you running and how low is the car?

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
Thank you. It seems to be sitting like / ~ \. Ill chuck a kit under it. Will I need 2 kits as it has ssl in the rear. I want it to sit like [ ~ ]. Thanks

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Ssl is ultras right? Mine has ultras with 20's and sits fairly straight with no camber kit with my fingers between the guard and tire

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Camber kit and a new tyre shop mate. Goodluck!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Have a look on nolathanes website and you'll find there's different bush kits to suit how much lowered etc.
I'm shortly dealing with the same issue on my VQ s2 caprice.
it's more than 2" lowered and my rear wheels need at least 2 degrees camber correction.
standard kit only allows .5 degree +- correction (no good for you)
there's another one listed that allows +-2 degrees camber correction (might suit one set of what you need)
and there should be one 46138x part number that gives +-3 camber correction (use this one on your outer) and from it say's use the 2 degree one on the inner.
Don't buy a standard kit that only allows half a degree adjustment.
Don't think I'm promoting nolathane as a brand, just giving information on what specs you need in bushes if you buy another brand.
BTW whiteline only goes 2 degrees, haven't found info on superpro (they haven't responded to my email)
Can't find a website for noltec.....
Kmac hasn't responded on to the email I sent asking for specs on theirs (no info given on their website)

In short inner bushes 2 degree correction and outer bushes get one with 3 degrees and you'll have hopefully enough range to fix your inner tyre wear.... if not.... ur out of luck and I suggest raising the car a bit!
You can get raising rings for the irs springs to raise rear ride height from 3mm to 10mm

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
Thank you. Looks like a big job. Got to drop the IRS Cradle down to fit these Adjustable Bushes.... :eek:

Dave777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY UTE
What did ya end up doin? Did ya fix it?