Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

install new aerial and remove the plastic mud guard inners

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
i got one on ebay for$ 50

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Genuine used with metal body or 'replacement' with plastic body ?

Now that's interesting. I would have assumed the one I have in is the stock one, but it has a plastic body same as the replacement.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Now that's interesting. I would have assumed the one I have in is the stock one, but it has a plastic body same as the replacement.
The genuine I took out of mine and every one I've seen with a genuine GM part number on has been a metal body. All the 'replacements' I tried , which includes the one that actually did 'plug and play' finally for $80+ were plastic body.

Yes , interesting.

Last edited:

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
........and I think VY series two onward is different from the preceding models but none of that is reflected in sales for aerials "to fit VT -VZ" which is possibly about 3 different types !

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Hi
I want to replace the car aerial and when I when to remove the plastic inner guard could not get the plastic screws out.
Does anyone know where I can purchase from (part number) as I was thinking just drill them out as when I head of the screws are threaded.

Looks like I'm going to get on with this project after getting a whole new genuine aerial & motor from a fellow JC member to suit my car instead of buying half a dozen that don't fit off of half wits who don't know.

I got so far as to find out my inner guard scrivets really are screwed. Look like I might have two in the shed I can use so I only *need* two more I think, but I always like to have spares of this sort of thing. SO I looked online.

Looks like it's about $8 for 2 from Supercheap or $8 for 10 on Ebay.AU I'd rather get ten for the money but I can go to S.Cheap and have them tomorrow.

Is that my options or did you (or anyone) find a better deal from a real shop I can find down here near Bega.
Ta.

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Looks like I'm going to get on with this project after getting a whole new genuine aerial & motor from a fellow JC member to suit my car instead of buying half a dozen that don't fit off of half wits who don't know.

I got so far as to find out my inner guard scrivets really are screwed. Look like I might have two in the shed I can use so I only *need* two more I think, but I always like to have spares of this sort of thing. SO I looked online.

Looks like it's about $8 for 2 from Supercheap or $8 for 10 on Ebay.AU I'd rather get ten for the money but I can go to S.Cheap and have them tomorrow.

Is that my options or did you (or anyone) find a better deal from a real shop I can find down here near Bega.
Ta.

just replaced mine last week, Ariel out off china $29 bucks. fitted straight up after swapping oem plug... but threw it out as it would not stop running when it was fully extended , long term maybe short out.. Replaced with a AEROPRO which I had too use the old mount $130. yes there is two different brackets but the same Ariel assembly ,,, plastic scrivets I brought a **** load off ebay cheap 8mm and 10 mm,,, 100 scrivets for $4 ebay china

LionelG84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina 99
Have you tried Masters for the scrivets? They have heaps of clips there.