Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing an Amp ... how?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
also you have forgot to mention to him that you need to earth the amp it self usually.
(Screw it to steel) or do some dogdy wireing.
no an amp's chassis should ALWAYS be isolated from any electrical connection because of noise.
so only the neg and pos should be connected.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
well i think that usually goes without saying. the wiring kits come with an earth cable but saying screw it to steel doesnt really help, or the dodgy part either. i know parts of my dash that are metallic and arent connected to the chassis/body. You need to find a clean/unpainted surface on the body for the earth. usually a good spot is the rear seat/seatbelt bolts will suffice.

true i put the earth for both amps behind the back left seat side (the steel that the seat in a VN / VP sedan that the back seat back piece slots onto) but i sanded all the paint off it first............

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
once connected did you spray it with clear coat so it doesnt rust?

aZk.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
nope...........didnt get that technical..........primed the area but thats it

phazer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim
Could someone help pls. Thinking of putting an amp to run speakers and sub in my VZ sedan. Just wondering what is the best way to attatch the remote turn-on wire. I have a factory HU, should I use acc. wire or 12v output wire. (where does the 12v output wire go to?)

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
does the vz sedan have an electric aerial? if so use that to trigger a relay for the remote wire.