Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Engine start button.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Yeah I want just a starter button, did we end up getting a guide? Or a wiring guide off the ignition barrel?

Do you own a multimeter?
Your looking for the "starter" wire, ie: only live whilst the engine is cranking/turning over

Tys346

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy ute manual
Do you own a multimeter?
Your looking for the "starter" wire, ie: only live whilst the engine is cranking/turning over
Yeah I own one, yeah I'm just looking for the starter wire, not quite sure how it works but I assume it'd have an in line and an outline where the outline would get grounded, and I'd just split that wire and run it too the turn on button, how shoukd I use the multi to probe for the right wire?

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Find ground source, place black probe from multimeter on it. Probe connector on rear of key barrel with red probe. One wire will have power ONLY when the starter motor is turning over.

What type of button are you going to use, and do you have a relay?

EDIT - If i remember this correctly - The purple wire is the starter.

Last edited:

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Sigh,
Watch, learn and pay close attention to the (correct) criticism on this idea.
The civic comment is gold.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
If your seriously considering putting that in your car, then I'm done helping.

*throws hands up in disgust and walks out*

Tys346

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy ute manual
If your seriously considering putting that in your car, then I'm done helping.

*throws hands up in disgust and walks out*
Hahahahaaha I'm so sorry but I may aswell be Asian cause I love rice, I'm going to have a pretty ricey car once I save up a bit of cash, I'm talking leds, elglow, $1000 sound system, a pillar gauges, ghost lights, projector headlights, body kit, the works it'll make some people puke but I'll love it :)

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Hahahahaaha I'm so sorry but I may aswell be Asian cause I love rice, I'm going to have a pretty ricey car once I save up a bit of cash, I'm talking leds, elglow, $1000 sound system, a pillar gauges, ghost lights, projector headlights, body kit, the works it'll make some people puke but I'll love it :)

I do hope you mean $10,000 sound system....
And there is a good way to do all those things.....
But if your set on doing all that, its your money - not mine. You will look at it in a year a two and wonder why you did all that rubbish.

Tys346

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy ute manual
A $1000 sound system it'll be worth 10k, nah it'll be pretty simple some custom fibre glassed tweeters into the a pillar, mid woofers in the door that'll be dyno matted, and a small slim sub in the middle between my seats (it's a Ute) that'll be fibre glassed in it and twin amps pretty basic but it'll be nice enough for me