Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing factory upgrade alarm in VR

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Just picked up a factory upgrade alarm for my VR. I think it uses a mid level BCM. Its the kind that connects up to an existing central locking system, so I can use my factory remote.

Has anyone got advice on how to wire this up? I haven't got any wiring diagrams, so if anyone knows where to find those it would be good. Im hoping to find out wires such as door triggers, ignition wiring, etc

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
Maybe this might help. It says that it needs a HIGH series BCM however my VS uses a LOW series, so who knows?

Attachments

• Alarm01.jpg
    Alarm01.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 5,077
  • Alarm02.jpg
    Alarm02.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1,026
  • Alarm03.jpg
    Alarm03.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 3,361

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
stocky, you mean you got an after market unit right? If so, you'll want to google it to work out what wire goes where. There should be some identification on the actual PCB of the alarm system. From the one i had in my VR it was very easy to install! They pretty much work with any BCM that unlocks your doors!

Try find some identifcation markings on the PCB and post them up? Or contact whoever you bought it off. I got a manual off the guys that sold me mine a few months later at no cost!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah its an aftermarket one. mongoose alarm. been trying to install it now. some of it is confusing me though. im not sure what to do about conneting the arm/disarm wires, light wires, and the 2 engine immobilisers wires

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok having another look at the install instructions. i need to know what BCM or loom wires to plug into for these
- indicator outputs (light and dark blue wires on indicator stalk?)
- positive door trigger
- negative door trigger (wire connected to door switches?)
- ignition input (thick pink wire?)
- arm/vehicle lock wire
- disarm-vehicle unlock wire
- disarm #2-light flash
- engine immboliser wires. each immobilser circuit has two plugs in the main box. on each of these plugs, i connect two wires that are joined together. any idea where these go?

has anyone here installed mongoose alarms before?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
anyone able to help?

im having trouble with the arm/disarm wires. on the bcm diagram i see door unlock drive, door lock drive, and also door lock input, door unlock input. dont know what each means

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I havn't installed a mongoose in a commodore before. Did it in a crapy ford squish box though.

The arm/disarm wire you can just tap into on the right side of the drivers foot well from memory.
light wires, depends which lights you want to hook them up to. I had headlights (with reverse lights too) and hazards linked to my aftermarket alarm.
2 engine immobilisers wires, one is normally connected (by "professionals") to the wires coming from the key lock on the steering wheel (however, when you do that make sure you do it after the bottom of the steering wheel, not up the top). Or if your game, go in through the firewall and do it to fuel pump and starter motor!

Usually with the alarm systems you dont need to connect every wire, there is usually different "modes" you can put the system in to tell them what sort of car it is, so they know what they have coming in.

I did write down which colours are for what in the alarm systems for the VR's, but i seem to have lost that piece of paper (i know it was in a folder with all details on my old car), so as soon as i find it i'll post the exact colours up!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
quick update. i managed to get it all installed, however i have noticed one issue. i had the door output (negative) wire hooked up to the door switch on the drivers door. this worked fine. if the door isnt opened for 30 seconds, it rearms. however, it only works for the drivers door. i want it for all of them obviously. where should i connect this wire to instead? my idea was instead of using the negative wire, use the positive door wire and hook it up to the interior light, or would i use negative for that as well?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Check out this mongoose circuit they gave me when I installed mine.For the door trigger it uses the dome light negative...so it works on all doors. It arms from getting the lock and indicator feed function at the same time like what happens when you lock the car with the keyhead button.

Attachments

• mon alarm.jpg
    mon alarm.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 5,817
Last edited:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
bah! where was that diagram when i installed mine. i did it the hard way. thanks for that. will come in helpful