Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing genuine Gm alloy pedals , leather shift knob on 2010 omega?

Malice VE

Reaction score
I got the pedal kit for my omega (auto of course) :) how much of a pain will it be to fit ? I also bought an alloy plate that glues onto the factory footrest , gonna try using araldite to stick it down. Also got the genuine leather shift knob with the chrome stem , is that a pain in the ass to fit ?

Tony310864

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder Ute
When I changed mine, I used sikaflex to glue the alloy plate to the footrest and then filled the slots in the plate.
To change the peddle pad on the brake, remove the rubber pad from the brake, sepperate the rubber and alloy parts, fit the new rubber pad to the brake peddle than refit the alloy trim to the rubber.
For the accelerator I changed the complete assembly as it was the easiest way to do it.
Hope this helps.

Tony.

Malice VE

Reaction score
Thanks guys , I do have the complete accelerator assembly. Did you remove the footrest and glue the plate on? Or just glue it on with the footrest still attached ?

Tony310864

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder Ute
I removed the foot rest, had the alloy plate upside down on the bench, put sikaflex on the plate, sit the footrest on the plate and put some weight on the footrest untill it is dry, turn the whole lot over and fill the slots in the alloy plate with sikaflex.

Tony.

Tony310864

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder Ute
From memory I think it is attached with plastic clips, you should be able to pull it straight up and it will come out.

Tony.

Malice VE

Reaction score
Well the pedals are finally in , took this long as This was the only day I could get my mechanic dad to help me. Still can't seem to remove the footrest . Gonna try tackling the gear knob by myself tomorrow. It came with instructions so I think I'll be ok.

Malice VE

Reaction score
There was nothing easy about doing the brake pedal by the way , the alloy bit of the pedal was sealed down to the rubber , and dad had to put it on one piece, using a tool and some other stuff.