Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing supercharger

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
That's because you have to rev the crap out of the raptor to get it to make a decent amount of boost where as the eaton makes pretty much constant boost. So on a dyno they both might make similar peak power but on the street the positive displacement supercharger will be making more TORQUE than the raptor lower in the rev range. However the raptor should be cheaper on fuel while still offering performance.

I fixed your post for you

87LAG

BOOSTED 6 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2 AUTO RAPTORCHARGED
i just recently did a raptor i think well worth it...... i like it because its totally different to most common mods ppl are doing. IMHO positive blowers anren woth it unless smaller pulleys and coolers are added . . . in a v6 anyways

check my ride post out slips and details are on there.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i just recently did a raptor i think well worth it...... i like it because its totally different to most common mods ppl are doing. IMHO positive blowers anren woth it unless smaller pulleys and coolers are added . . . in a v6 anyways

check my ride post out slips and details are on there.

No offence but Raptors aren't that good a L67 with some mods will wipe the floor with raptor kits. Probably would cost less than what you spent aswell.

For example you ran a 13.98 down the quarter with 202rwkw kal-spl makes 207rwkw (L67) ran a 12.2. 5rwkw doesnt equate to 1.7 secs

Perfect example of kw on a dyno chart mean SFA its all about Torque how and where its delivered, power is a made up number based on torque

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman
For example you ran a 13.98 down the quarter with 202rwkw kal-spl makes 207rwkw (L67) ran a 12.2. 5rwkw doesnt equate to 1.7 secs

A perfect example of a statistic that doesn't mean anything. MPH tells you what kind of power you are playing with, not times. Times are more due to setup and OVERALL package. ****, I KNOW I can chop 1.5 seconds off mine time by changing the suspension, running decent slicks and converting to a stalled auto box.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Mu point was more about torque and less about power torque is what moves a car not power

ok sirnemesis maybe i should have added terminal speeds 87LAG was 99.96mph and KAL SPL 111mph which seems consitant to me

KAL SPL 60 foot was better witha 1.8 compared to a 2.1 for 87LAG so theres a bit of time to be made up there.

I also in another thread i compared a 4.2lt stroker raptor charged that made 1rwkw more than kal spl yet ran a 13.2 down the quarter.

I know theres a lot of factors that change you terminal speed and final times in qtr mile racing but raptor kits keep coming up short. Even IBLOWN ran a 12.2 with a SC14 supercharger most of these stats as you said point to positive displacement charger are better than a centrifugal charger