Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

INSTALLING TAILSHAFT

Jimma61

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute
Hey guys need some tips on how to install a tailshaft I've got the centre bearing replaced what's the best way to do it without spilling any diff or trans oil fluid, and do i undo the 18 mill bolts or do I have to do the E torx donut bolts as well??

Bob33

Reaction score
Members Ride
e3 maloo
you cant spill any diff oil because that doesnt get opened i normally undo the three torx bolts at the back undo all the bolts up front so the donut floats there and push the yoke into the trans undo the center bearing bolts and you should be able to pull it out.

D

devilly

agree with Bob33 no fluid comes out.another little tip is that it gets heavy to lift, hold in place as you trying to slot it in i cheated and used jacks :)

Jimma61

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute
you cant spill any diff oil because that doesnt get opened i normally undo the three torx bolts at the back undo all the bolts up front so the donut floats there and push the yoke into the trans undo the center bearing bolts and you should be able to pull it out.

So the there torx bolts at the rear donut and then leave the front one on but undo the normal bolts? Do you torq any bolts to certain nm?

Bob33

Reaction score
Members Ride
e3 maloo
they're pretty tight and ive always used a rattlegun on them to undo and do up couldnt tell you a torq but youll feel how tight they are to undo so that should give you a bit of a reference point. jacks do help thanks forgot that bit

Jimma61

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute
Sweet cheers man so just to confirm I take the donut bolts off diff end but the trans end just the normal hex bolts

Bob33

Reaction score
Members Ride
e3 maloo
yes undo the torx bolts at the diff. at the trans end all six are hex bolts i undo them all to give myself more room and when you undo the centre bearing it should come out at the trans end and then come off the diff.

D

devilly

i also replaced my bolts with brand new ones from holdens and used threw lock as well.if it feels a bit loose after the job just re tighten them down :)