Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Instant fuel read out 80 ltrs/100 km

wpr

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV AVALANCHE WAGON VYII
Scary stuff, floored go pedal to get into courtious Auckland traffic flow that slowed to let me out (NOT). Instant fuel usage on trip computer read 80 litres per 100 km. Currently $1:18.9 ULP & $1:23.9 PULP at the pumps in Auckland N.Z.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
wpr said:
Scary stuff, floored go pedal to get into courtious Auckland traffic flow that slowed to let me out (NOT). Instant fuel usage on trip computer read 80 litres per 100 km. Currently $1:18.9 ULP & $1:23.9 PULP at the pumps in Auckland N.Z.

Instant readings don't mean much. As Toa said, I've seen mine at 99 and I still get 520km to the tank, but mine is an LS1 not a V6. If it were a V6, I'd expect around 100km more than that with a mix of daily city & highway driving.

You need to look at how many k's you get to the tank to get an accurate idea of fuel use.

Redfox

Reaction score
With my Ecotec V6 I'm getting about 410 kms to the tank. That was with more freeway driving than I usually do. I have shoddy fuel economy... admittedly I have installed High Ratio roller rockers, but still it shouldn't be too bad. That means that if it was mainly city/suburban driving I would get about 350km's to a tank. That sucks...

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Funny thing is the Gen 3 is more fuel efficient than the ECOTEC...lol

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Gobbles said:
Funny thing is the Gen 3 is more fuel efficient than the ECOTEC...lol

I have a 75 litre fuel tank, I think VR/VS V6 fuel tanks were smaller (68 lt from memory??). My brother's VT V6 is capable of 600km/tank mostly suburban driving. On the highway, my LS1 can go for over 850km if I set the cruise at 100km/h.

And don't laugh, Holden's own fuel ratings said that the S/C Ecotec V6 actually does use more fuel than an LS1. That's why I chose the V8. Initially I wanted the supercharged 6...