Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance For 18 year old

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I wouldnt stay with AAMI anyway. Mt Pleasant Crash said they wouldnt even have bothered dealing with me if it wasnt for my parents when they found out the 3rd party had AAMI insurance. AAMI insurance tend to get a quote, then ring around and get the cheapest offer available and thats what your car gets, and theres been some pretty **** jobs too.

Just Cars are also AAMI as I already stated and would be no different as they are the cheap hard to place section. If you want insurance through one of AAMI's companies, go with Shannons.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
SGIC is pretty good if you DO have or want mods for your car, its just a bucketload more to fork out every year.
im with SGIC, last year i payed over $3000 to have my ute insured. If you have records or receipts of whats on your car then you will get the maximum amount of money back if something gets stolen or burnt etc...

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
SGIC = State Government Insurance Company. So yeah its SA only, but it operates in every state as part of the IAG group. So the other insurance companies in that group that might be worth a try are:

NRMA Insurance, SGIO, SGIC, CGU and Swann Insurance

tynuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SUPERCHARED S s2
I am insured with budget direct i have a vx supercharged six im 20 and i am paying 900 with roadside assist and windscreen replacment if it gets chipped or broken.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
I have to pay for insurence even tho my car is defected. What a load of crap! Im not happy.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
how longs your car been defected for mate? maybe hurry up and get the defect notice cleared, then you can pay for insurance and drive around your roadworthy car.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'm insured with AAMI rating one $550 / per year full comp. Can only have one mod till I'm 25 (10 months and counting) then I can stick whatever I want on it.

I'd check into that, AAMI are the biggest tightasses for mods, if you have wheels suspension and tints, that pretty much is it :p

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
yea AAMI told me i couldnt get insurance thru them and told me to go to justcars. i have a VPSS with diff gears, full exhaust, bigger throttle body, guages, mags (i put $1000) stereo (i put $1000 althogh worth more :(... but the 1K for mags makes up for it), lowered, expensive alarm, imobiliser, fire extinguisher, bigger brakes.

and they wanted $2100 a year full comp. then i got another quote with all that stuff plus cam, engine internals, ECU and they wanted $2600. then i was told by a mate to say its NOT a SS and see what they say. so i did and it was only $1500 ??? go figure. a VP SS has the same power as a standard V8 exec... execpt it has a few fancy extras like kit and sports suspension and electrics... but its an extra $600 a year???

meh either way, i no they are the only ones who will touch my SS as i am only 21. shannons couldnt help me as im under 25 with a modded V8. and no other company would either.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I wouldnt stay with AAMI anyway. Mt Pleasant Crash said they wouldnt even have bothered dealing with me if it wasnt for my parents when they found out the 3rd party had AAMI insurance. AAMI insurance tend to get a quote, then ring around and get the cheapest offer available and thats what your car gets, and theres been some pretty **** jobs too.

Just Cars are also AAMI as I already stated and would be no different as they are the cheap hard to place section. If you want insurance through one of AAMI's companies, go with Shannons.

Been with AAMI from the day I got my first car. The only claim I've ever made (no fault) I chose my own repairer.

Also the mods I have done on my SS had no effect on premiums. OTRCAI, 2.5 inch cat back & edit. Somone commented on AAMI not insuring anyone under 30 with an LS1. Think it was Minux. I first insured mine when I was 29.