Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
That sounds like the way i should have gone.....do you know if you make a claim, does that affect the other drivers rating? because my mum was on rating 1 and wasnt going to risk losing it if i made a claim....(which i havent :D)

E

EllaBella

not 100% sure, sorry.

ive only ever had a minor accident in my car involving a very dumb kangaroo (lucky it was only small) with a death wish, but it was cheaper to get it fixed without going thru the insurance.

sorry i cant help :(

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Thanks for replies guys, I have spoken to RAA which are going to dish over 3rd fire and theft for $220 per year on the old ladies car and that's with no rating, that to me is pretty darn reasonable given it goes up a rating each year assuming no claims have been made.

Just some heads up as well, as of today RAA don't charge any extra to pay your insurance by the month which is another bonus as I know the likes of budget direct do charge extra along with many others.

Lyoness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
Just thought I'd let you know Darren that if you have been on other peoples insurance then you do accrue no claim bonus. I'm with Western QBE and I pay $500 a year for my 95 VR Series two which they know about the lowered suspension & also insured my 18" mags. I get 60% no claim bonus due to being on my parents insurance policy's since I got my licence which I have now had for 5yrs.

Hope this helps ;)