Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Intermittent VS V6 won't start

Bud

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Shagmobile
I have a 1995 VS V6 and lately it has a problem when I go to start it, the fuel pump doesn't run.
It is an intermittent problem. When it won't start, the pump isn't getting 12V to that proves there is nothing wrong with the pump. Both sides of the fuel pump fuse has 12V, so the fuse is OK. The engine cranks fine and there is spark.
I have swapped all the relays around, so it's not the relay. After a while it starts to work again.
Is this a common problem and can someone offer any ideas?
I have a workshop manual though it's an Ellerys and the wiring diagrams are next to useless. If I had a decent wiring diagram then I could probably trace the problem.

Please help! My missus is starting to get the shits!

bloodyricho

Bloody Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
news flash u have imoblizer stock! it probable your key and when u stop laughing at this sugestion run your fault codes - there is "HOW TO" on here somewhere for that. see what codes u get but try the damn thing with your spare key.

Bud

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Shagmobile
No need to be rude mate. Yes I know it has one stock. OK I'll try the second key and check the codes. Didn't think of checking the codes. Thanks for the ideas

wassaby

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
A guy i new had a commodore forget what model, Motor would crank but not fully turn over, was going to rebuild the whole engine. Luckly he rang RACQ and got them to check it out, Replaced the battery in the key for the imbolizer, never had a problem since.

Bud

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Shagmobile
Hi guys,
Some more info - It didn't start again this morning and I tried both keys - no difference. It seems to be temperature related. It started OK every day last week because it was overcast and wasn't as cold. Any ideas? It's obviously a bad connection somewhere. Where should I look first? It cranks over fine and has spark though the fuel pump doesn't prime.

jimmie4412

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
A/c fan stopped working then intermittent no start.a/c fan is on the same circuit as BCM ...wireing fault.