Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Internet censorship plan approved

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I'm not sure why people are that worried. Within 24 hours of this censor in place, it will have been hacked and disabled. And life will go on.

they'll probably bring out some bs law saying anyone who avoids the censor will go to jail

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Explosives are hard to get because of all the laws that protect us! And so are guns because of that retard in tasmania and john howard.

Yeah you're right, it's been a while since we've had an American style shooting.
Stupid John Howard! We should make guns legal again.

Let me guess, you were one of the bright bunch who was on the 'Kevin07' banwagon saying Howard is too old and out of touch?

Because we're definately better off with Ruddy at the helm.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
they'll probably bring out some bs law saying anyone who avoids the censor will go to jail

lol, so no-one will be allowed on the internet at all? If its hacked, it would be just like now. Every 2nd household would be locked up.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Criminals don't buy their firearms legally, so outlawing them for average citizens does nothing but reduce our capability to defend ourselves against those who have them. I would much prefer to have John Howard back in power but I don't agree with the gun laws he introduced, as well as his broken promise in regards to the GST and the whole Work Choices thing. That's a much shorter list than the one I have for Rudd, and he's only been in for a third of the time Howard was in.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for a good ol' French style revolution, but with fewer beheadings and more lynchings... Because that's how I can imagine an Aussie revolution would be like, if people would put down their lattes and stop whining about messing up their hair. It's funny because Dylan Moran bagged out Sydney at the Newcastle show :D

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
"Criminals don't buy their firearms legally, so outlawing them for average citizens does nothing but reduce our capability to defend ourselves against those who have them"

So that means if you really want a gun you could get one too. Guns are not a toy, and i owuld not trust someone else with a gun, like you for example.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Criminals don't buy their firearms legally, so outlawing them for average citizens does nothing but reduce our capability to defend ourselves against those who have them. I would much prefer to have John Howard back in power but I don't agree with the gun laws he introduced, as well as his broken promise in regards to the GST and the whole Work Choices thing. That's a much shorter list than the one I have for Rudd, and he's only been in for a third of the time Howard was in.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for a good ol' French style revolution, but with fewer beheadings and more lynchings... Because that's how I can imagine an Aussie revolution would be like, if people would put down their lattes and stop whining about messing up their hair. It's funny because Dylan Moran bagged out Sydney at the Newcastle show :D

Werent martin bryants guns all registered legally? Hence the law changes...

As for Howards broken promise re GST, are you for real? He went to an ELECTION promising to bring it in, how the **** is that a broken promise? Work choices was the greatest thing for this country, it was setup to provide a future for all Australians and for ALL workers to have their say on their work conditions, sadly, we live in a society where we have a large amount of idiots. People believed Labor and the Union scare campaigns and gobbled it all up like the sheeples Australians are. If anyone actually looked into Labors option over workchoices, you would see that 90% of it is unchanged. The other 10% just helps the morons who are too stupid to help themselves.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Yes, but the difference is that I would not want to be caught with an illegal firearm in my possession as I do not approve of breaking the law.

So yes, I could acquire a firearm if I wanted to do so illegally. I can also acquire a firearm legally, I just have to jump through a few more hoops. This doesn't worry me, and I intend to do so when I have the money. I learned to shoot when I was a lot younger and would like to further develop the skill as I believe it may come in handy at some point in my life.

Question for you: Would you trust someone with a gun if they have use them for their entire life? Because that counts as trusting 'someone else'.

I'm aware that guns aren't a toy, but neither are motor vehicles, and I am 100% certain I am in more danger of being killed by some idiot when I commute to work every day, than by the off chance that someone I may know might accidentally trip over at the firing range and shoot off in all directions.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Take it to the politics thread ladies ;)

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Werent martin bryants guns all registered legally? Hence the law changes...
Yes, that is true. Martin Bryant was also mentally ill. One of my school teachers went to school with him as a boy, and he was always being violent towards people. Perhaps it is the fault of the parents for not keeping him under control? I'm not laying 100% blame on them, of course.

As for Howards broken promise re GST, are you for real? He went to an ELECTION promising to bring it in, how the **** is that a broken promise?
He said several years prior to the election that "There will never be a GST in Australia". At least, that's what I've been told. I was only 9 or 10 or something when he was elected.

Work choices was the greatest thing for this country, it was setup to provide a future for all Australians and for ALL workers to have their say on their work conditions, sadly, we live in a society where we have a large amount of idiots. People believed Labor and the Union scare campaigns and gobbled it all up like the sheeples Australians are. If anyone actually looked into Labors option over workchoices, you would see that 90% of it is unchanged. The other 10% just helps the morons who are too stupid to help themselves.

That's why I was trying to state that there were things of Work Choices which were important. Actually, I may have said that in another thread on a different forum. I agree with you. The problem is that the way Work Choices was implemented was that it allowed employers to abuse the system, however as I said to people who were whinging:

"If you do a good job, you keep your job. If you do a good job but get fired anyway, you deserve a better boss, so don't bother whinging and go find a new job."

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Sorry Stealthy! I have this uncanny ability to derail threads unintentionally.