Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Internittent VR AUTO PROBLEM

djdanielb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Vr V6 Stroker
Hey there, i got a vr 94 auto V6, i have had it serviced (filter, fluid etc... also had new 1,2 shift solenoid replaced, the prob started last night, it started out driving fine and then for some reason wouldn't change gears properly, also it won't kick down when you gun it, i got home checked for codes and nothing, just 12 (system normall)

this morning i started it up drove it and it was fine, then less than a k down the road done the same thing, I turned the car off, started it again and all was good, then again a k or so down the road same prob, checked again for codes and nothing,

i checked the fluid, its is not burnt, it is not low and not high, i just cant put my finger on the prob, any input on the issue will be great,

Thanks

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997

Last edited:

djdanielb

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for the info, but i dont think thats the prob, As i was saying the auto drove well and still does it just intermittantly plays up, Then turning the car off and starting it again fixes the problem for a short while, could there be any electrical "computer of such" causing the problem,, thanks

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
do an error code check.

Go to to the HOWTO section of the forums, there is a guide that will explaoin excactly how to check for error codes.

Get the error codes and let us know what they are, it could be a bazillion things.

How long have you had the car? and when was the last service done on the Auto?

djdanielb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey there DannyboyDS, not being a smart ass but i mention in my originall post that it isnt giving any error codes, It comes back as CODE 12 (sys norm), it just has me really puzzled, does anyone have a performance memcal, I am after one for two reason, one to rule out a prob with the current memcal as i have tried another computer with the original memcal, and also if im going to get another memcal then i may aswell get one with a better tune instead of buying a normall one and then going out and buying a performance one when the trans is rectified, thanks guys