Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iOS 7

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Just installed 7.0.3

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Hope it fixes the random rebooting (crash) issues I've been having.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Some tidy new features that work with only with http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showpost.php?p=2532924
• Adds iCloud Keychain to keep track of your account names, passwords, and credit card numbers across all your approved devices
• Adds Password Generator so Safari can suggest unique, hard-to-guess passwords for your online accounts
• Updates lock screen to delay display of "slide to unlock" when Touch ID is in use
• Adds back the ability to search the web and Wikipedia from Spotlight search
• Fixes an issue where iMessage failed to send for some users
• Fixes a bug that could prevent iMessage from activating
• Improves system stability when using iWork apps
• Fixes an accelerometer calibration issue
• Addresses an issue that could cause Siri and VoiceOver to use a lower quality voice
• Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the Lock screen passcode
• Enhances the Reduce Motion setting to minimise both motion and animation
• Fixes an issue that could cause VoiceOver input to be too sensitive
• Updates the Bold Text setting to also change dial pad text
• Fixes an issue that could cause supervised devices to become un-supervised when updating software

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Pretty happy with the new update so far. One little improvement being the fade out when unlocking the phone pushing the home button to minimise an app.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Pretty happy with the new update so far. One little improvement being the fade out when unlocking the phone pushing the home button to minimise an app.

Yes yet the slide to open notifications need a pin? Loving the free Apple iLife and iWork apps, fingerprint auth and speed of the 5s. GarageBand is a hoot in 64bit.
Still crashes around 17% battery life.

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Yes yet the slide to open notifications need a pin? Loving the free Apple iLife apps, fingerprint auth and speed of the 5s.
Still crashes around 17%.

So still crashes?
I've been contemplating getting the 5S, but unsure of if I want a longer phone.
Any way you can convince me PIR4TE?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
So still crashes?

Haha, the power / speed of everything in 64 bit with the fastest benchmark speed available in Australia makes it much more viable to get things done.
Large screen is about optimum, any bigger and it would pull your pants down wearing shorts (had that problem with Motorola A910, have to walk around holding pants up).
The fact the lightning connector goes in either way is a plus, I must be getting old though coz either I can't find the hole or ima lookin fer luurve in all the wrong places.
I got two through the business, Space Grey like Kubrick, and a gold (champagne) for when ima out all night to get lucky.
The main thing about 5s is there is zero slowing down at all now, period• You've heard it all before from your mum then the missus now Android users about too big an engine and much power in your car - 5s is like buying a tidy SS - you're there ticking boxes with the sales guy and he says "and this supercharged version is basically the same on the outside but raises the benchmark by another order of magnitude" and after that takes a while to sink in you realise that for same price, same operating ecosystem this new phone performs 870% better than any other phone (see links to bench testing at beginning of thread).
I just want'd one... now I have two, and ima fruitcake . Cheers.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
So still crashes?

I had the same concern when upgrading from iphone 4 to 5, but trust me, you need the bigger screen. iPhone 4 is much too small now.

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Well it's probably not the place to mention it, but I ordered the 5S yesterday. Should get it in about 2 weeks. Thanks PIR4TE! :)