Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Iphone 4s firmware 5.1 problem with Holden IQ

Iannone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe Sportswagon
I have a workaround if it helps, once the call is made using Siri, if you put the call on speaker then back to vehicle BT it works.. doesn't actually make it hands free though...

iPhone 4s, iOS 5.1.1, Holden IQ

I have just been informed of a better workaround, once the call connects, there is a "transfer call" button that appears on the Holden IQ, pressing this twice will connect the call properly..

Now just need to work out if this is an Apple issue or a Holden issue....

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
I don't think this problem is purely for the Iphone 4 as my 3GS does it too. My voice dialing used to work fine and then it started to play-up. It would go through the voice menu and get to dialing the number and then just turn back to music.
I had an iQ software update after this started and it hasn't changed the issue. This would indicate its a Apple issue. I can't remember if the voice dialing stopped working after I updated my phone to 5.1.
Its good to see I'm not the only one with the issue. I'm sure JC's team will sort it out...

Iannone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe Sportswagon
Updated to iOS 6 and now when I make a call using the steering wheel button, the Bluetooth drops altogether then auto reconnects, this all happens while the phone is ringing and the other person answers. You can however hear everything on the handset while it reconnects.

oldsalt

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore Omega + LPG
The new version caused my contacts to double up on the IQ.

My iphone contacts are normal.

Anyone know how to delete a contact on the IQ?

Every time I try refresh I get an error that download failed?

XANDER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z SS
I have IOS 6 on m 4S works fine at this stage with IQ.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Yeah I think this is an apple issue, not Holden, as my post above says, my iphone 4 works perfectly with iQ, calls, bluetooth, music etc. However now its dead and I have an iPhone 5 - whole different story - same dramas as others in this thread now, siri needs to stop trying to be clever and just do what is asked of her, so frustrating when you ask her to call somebody and she replies telling you that she can not find that song in the playlist ffs. When it eventually calls the person I want, the bluetooth drops out as soon as the person picks up and even if I try to use the call transfer function on the phone, I still cant hear anybod on the other end, or, if the bluetooth doesnt drop out, the call connects but neither person can hear anything on the other end.

I've also now got the doubled up contacts list on iQ - basically it is a waste of time even trying to use it, I end up spending more time punching buttons on the iQ and phone that takes my attention away from the road, I may as well just hold the phone in the first place, it'd be safer!

I'm nopt sure what is going to fix this, be it an iOS update or an iQ update - there has to be the latter soon I'd say, the maps are way out of date right now, complete suburbs of melbourne are missing atm.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
um, it works fine but you cant hear each other?

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
so then it doesn't work fine, or if it did work fine you would be able to hear them when they call you, yes?