Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Iphone 4s firmware 5.1 problem with Holden IQ

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
so then it doesn't work fine, or if it did work fine you would be able to hear them when they call you, yes?

As i said it works fine apart from that issue ok. So you have never said when describing a problem eg the ph works fine when i call someone but when someone calls me thats when i have a problem not hard to understand.

I HATE PPL BULLING PPL DONT EVER PUT SOMEONE DOWN FOR YOUR OWN GAIN WHEN THERE EXPLAINING A PROBLEM AND MAKE FUN OF THEM

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
It (iPhone and Bluetooth) works fine apart from when i receive a call i cant hear them or they cant hear me... /snip

I wasn't putting you down for my own gain or making fun of you, you said it was working fine, but... If it doesn't work like its intended (its a phone, the basic concept is to be able to hear and talk to each other which yours can't), then I'd say thats not working fine, but maybe that's just me then.

tommyk.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah i having the same problems. I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 6 and I cant hear anyone on the calls :(

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
For some unknown reason, mine has started working properly in the past 2 days, I have had no updates to iQ or iOS so not sure why it is working finally out of the blue.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Ive done some testing on this as Holden has no idea If you press transfer call on your screen when someone calls you it transfers to your ph and press it again so you transfer it back to your car and works fine "Yes Loaded Dice its faulty still' just incase i had to clarify since i said its works fine :beer chug: Just need to do it quickly cause ppl wont stay on the line if you dont answer

mshagg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series Ute
MY12.5 version of IQ here and working 100% on BT with iPhone 4S/iOS 5.1.1. Guy from Holden fleet said he'd upgraded to iOS6 and started having issues receiving calls in his car, as described in this thread.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Moral of the story, don't update to iOS6

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Haha yeah that then.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Sick of this so I called Apple today, they say that the problem must be the car's bluetooth software being out of date, regardless of it being a current model car.

I am currently going through the factory restore procedure, installing a fresh copy of iOS6 on my phone (iPhone 5) to see if that fixes it. They deny that others are having similar issues although there are pages and pages of people describing the exact same problem on the official Apple support forums with lots of different makes and models of cars.

When I talk to Holden next re my radio I will be asking them if there is an update available with the latest bluetooth firmware on it - it just may be that. I used to be able to access the firmware info on my iQ unit but I searched high and low for it today and can't seem to find it anywhere, I can't remember what screen or menu I used to find it the first time, perhaps this info was hidden in one of the software updates since then, dunno.