Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iphone 7

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I do not have F Book, Twatter or any of that Social Media crap-ola.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i am unaware of facebook messaging killing it. i dont know anyone who uses anything other than the phones factory provided messaging, not saying people dont - i just dont know anyone close to me that does.

this just falls back to the subject of people who just use a phone for what it is. not to jailbreak it and change all the settings or use 3rd party apps.

thats the difference between my friends and people like yourselfs. my mates dont have facebook, those who do only use it for the local auto sales section thingo. we arent good with technology. for people like us - iphones messaging is more convenient.

Obviously referring to the entire market, not just you, your mates and the rest of the technophobes.

The changes to iOS Messenger are for the tech savvy part of the market who demand something a little more interesting than just text back and forth.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
only reason why im going back to iphone is

- Better camera
- Group msgs
- GIFs work in msgs
- Pictures aren't de-sized
- Videos aren't de-sized

my mates dont have facebook - but tell your mates to download them and see what they say

Obviously referring to the entire market, not just you, your mates and the rest of the technophobes.

yeh - well going back to my original post, im not referring to tech savvy people - just myself. so i fail to understand how FB messenger will suit my needs.

got a chuckle out of technophobes remark. no mate, we just dont sit behind a screen reading more or less gibberish to us, when a phones stock messaging app - services our needs. 'apple playing catch up' whoop de doo, every business that has competition is playing catch up in some way or another. doesnt change the fact that iPhone doesnt require you and your friends with iPhones to download a 3rd party app to have group messages. and thats my only point im trying to make /endmessagetopic

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey, use stocko app to your hearts content - it's not like I care.

The minute you have a mix of droid and iOS users wanting to message, iOS messenger falls in a heap - that's when FB messenger suits people.

The best communication platforms are totally open and just allow people to get on with talking to each other not caring about platform. FB Messenger does this. It may surprise you and some others but metric butt tons of ppl old, young and otherwise are on FB and talk to each other through it.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
anyone else experienced problems with deleting msgs from samsungs?

seems like they always take a fair while, just wanted to delete a convo then, took 30-60mins

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
anyone else experienced problems with deleting msgs from samsungs?

seems like they always take a fair while, just wanted to delete a convo then, took 30-60mins

Not here, I use Textra, and before that Stock Messaging and before that GoSMSPro, and none took more than a few seconds, to a minute when deleting over 10k messages.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
For some is like been a member of a club, others is just a cult to follow, others just picking a side similar to sports. Want to see some viscious fights? Gals are very hardcore with their products, designers, styles, etc... no winning when they argue.

For me is nothing more than a tool...

Maybe some like the interface and the product? That goes for either side of the fence.

Android users are like Vegans, they can't go a minute without belittling those that don't agree with their stance.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Android users are like Vegans, they can't go a minute without belittling those that don't agree with their stance.

Yes, is a 2 way street.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Case in point, the OP mentioned they were considering an iPhone7 by post 5 an FanDroid just had to post about how great their Android phone is compared to an iPhone.

Now I do admit I find it incredibly funny that Note7's are blowing up but I am not about to go and post in an Android related forum to tell everyone that they should have purchased an iPhone, that would be petty and tacky now wouldn't it?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Case in point, the OP mentioned they were considering an iPhone7 by post 5 an FanDroid just had to post about how great their Android phone is compared to an iPhone.

Now I do admit I find it incredibly funny that Note7's are blowing up but I am not about to go and post in an Android related forum to tell everyone that they should have purchased an iPhone, that would be petty and tacky now wouldn't it?

should pat yourself on the back there, because that does happen - all the time. There are always people that do that doesn't matter what brand x and y are.