Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Iq upgrade

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Fair enough. Good price, I paid almost double that for E3 version with sat nav.
Yer i would have like sat nav but i can add it in down the road, the iq upgrade changes the interior completely, so a good upgrade imo!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The bluetooth connectivity is a huge leap forward. Being able to control your music via the steering wheel, rather than directly from your phone.

As for iPhone connectivity; bluetooth connectivity for calls is not as good as the Series 1 Bluetooth module. You have to press "transfer call" a couple of times to get the sound come through. the call is answered through the steering wheel but then you have to press the button on the screen.
Voice dialling is not an option either. You have to use the screen menu to manually dial a number.

Some of the carplay head units are light years ahead now. The JVC one is a ripper.

installing Series 1 facias and trim into series 2 VE's may become more popular to install aftermarket head units.
The series 1 is well set up for tat and Alpine do an excellent touchscreen HVAC module that offers better visual and interface than the factory unit on both series 1 and 2.

I find the series 2 HVAC info is almost unusable. It is reduced to a small header across the top which you mostly have to press an arrow to view the settings.