Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IRS Camber SSSL

gelousi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina 195i
Hey the other day i noticed my rear right has neg camber and rear left is straight as! the car is sitting on SSSL Kings so ide assume they both should have neg camber? it dosnt have a camber kit or anything like that, makes no noises or clunks. Can the left wheel be aligned or is something bent? i had a quick look under but dont really kno what to look for as this is my first irs setup

thanks

gelousi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina 195i
Yeh it should have camber on both sides, its only got negative on the right, the left is dead straight. Even when jacked up the left doesn't look the same as the right

gelousi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina 195i
hmm see thats what i was thinking but ive had sevral looks and cant find much, bought a workshop manual and it says to undo 4 nuts while on the ground bounce the car afew times and it should balance the wheels but its hard when the car is so low lol ill try putting it up on ramps and see how i go.

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
hmm see thats what i was thinking but ive had sevral looks and cant find much, bought a workshop manual and it says to undo 4 nuts while on the ground bounce the car afew times and it should balance the wheels but its hard when the car is so low lol ill try putting it up on ramps and see how i go.

I recommend taking it to a wheel aligment place eg bob jane, tyre power etc etc and get them to measure your rear camber just to be 100% sure you got a postive camber. Sometimes your eyes can play tricks on you :idea3:

gelousi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina 195i
Nah not that bad, like the right sits how it would with sssl's but the left is like 0camber probably even positive and looks really gay! ive checked for a cracked cradle but it all looks good. Yeh i might just take it to a bob jane or something like that and see how i go. Ill see if i can get a pick up tonight and show u

thankss

Puffwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hectic VN Berlina 5.0
get an adjustable panhard rod and get it aligned properly

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L