Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is a VXII 5.7 Berlina P Legal?!?

impressive

BARRP BARRRRRP
Reaction score
Website
www.supercharger.com.au
Members Ride
VT SS 5 litre
or do like i did and got for a 5 litre! within the power to weight, and the money u save u could (if u wanted) make it eat a standard gen 3. Dont forget, they were developed for torque.

cheers

oliver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
wait 3 months i say. think about it in 3 months time u'll be driving the car u really want. its not that long really

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, true that....
Well see what happens, might wait that extra 3 months....
Its not like im gonna have less money to spend if i wait 3 months...
Cheers for replies

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Jesterarts said:
Im in victoria...
What about if say...i register the car in my dads name and he nominates me as a drive??

Damn, what a pain in the arse, stupid laws that because of a bunch of wankers no-one can have fun...or get the car they can afford n want... :mad:

They should have it that if u get caught doing dumb **** in a High Performance vehicle your not allowed near on again...

Just be prepared for either A. No insured driver on his policy under 25 or B. You paying a $3000 premium

impressive

BARRP BARRRRRP
Reaction score
Website
www.supercharger.com.au
Members Ride
VT SS 5 litre
just cars will be the only company to touch u.
no one else touches any driver under 30 in these type of cars.

cybermatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
SII VT
Jesterarts said:
Im in victoria...
What about if say...i register the car in my dads name and he nominates me as a drive??

Damn, what a pain in the arse, stupid laws that because of a bunch of wankers no-one can have fun...or get the car they can afford n want... :mad:

They should have it that if u get caught doing dumb **** in a High Performance vehicle your not allowed near on again...
I just cheched for you and it would be illegal for you to drive this car. It exceeds both power-weight and capacity-weight ratios.

Even if you took the chance, the insurance will definately kill you. As already mentioned, Just Cars would be about the only insurance company that would consider insuring it for you and even then you would be looking at $2500+ a year.

There really isn't a need for a P plater to have a 5.7 litre V8 as far as I am concerned. Not to mention, if a Cop catches you with it, you will loose it.

be_inspyred

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL turbo & VT SS 5.0
good pick up there, i think a lot of people are concerned about power to weight ratios and are actually forgetting that it has to pass the capacity test as well! (no more than 3.5L per tonne) as mentioned above. Seriously i would wait, its not worth the hassels.

My bro is in the same situation, i think he has decided to just buy a VT calais supercharged then save up for an SS or HSV whens hes off the P's. Believe me the amount of stuffing around i did to get off a power to weight fine was bullshit, and that was in a VL Turbo, youd have no chance in a Gen 3.

Your also gonna get ripped off by insurance, i dunno bout you but id rather put at least $1500 or so of the $2500 a year you will be paying towards a better car or mods!! For a comparison im 23 and got a VT SS 5.0, i pay $1200 full comp through RACV.

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
Just to set it straight, the limits are as follows, 125kw per ton or 3.6 ltrs per ton. The GenIII in any form of Commodore Fails on both counts. Where as a WH Statesman passes. Also, just as a point of reference, the new sv6 fails too!! it is rated at 1500kgs, that = 187.5kw max. Misses by 2.5kw of being legal. By the way, the Statesman is rated at 1800kgs. so it can be 225kw to be legal (WH were 220) and 6.48 ltrs in capacity (We all know they are 5665cc!!). So they pass well.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
2 grand for insurance! so there are some good reasons to get older :p That car would cost me 400$ a year for insurance and I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I had to pay more than that to insure a car, that's just silly