Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is a VXII 5.7 Berlina P Legal?!?

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
be_inspyred said:
good pick up there, i think a lot of people are concerned about power to weight ratios and are actually forgetting that it has to pass the capacity test as well! (no more than 3.5L per tonne) as mentioned above. Seriously i would wait, its not worth the hassels.

My bro is in the same situation, i think he has decided to just buy a VT calais supercharged then save up for an SS or HSV whens hes off the P's. Believe me the amount of stuffing around i did to get off a power to weight fine was bullshit, and that was in a VL Turbo, youd have no chance in a Gen 3.

Your also gonna get ripped off by insurance, i dunno bout you but id rather put at least $1500 or so of the $2500 a year you will be paying towards a better car or mods!! For a comparison im 23 and got a VT SS 5.0, i pay $1200 full comp through RACV.
get the super 6 calais why bother saving up for a ss or hsv get the the fit goodies and they leave a gen 3 for dead believe me i just blew of a r8 clubbie
and he wasn't impressed :D :D
Cuckoo

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
N.S.W. a new P Plater from now on can't drive any V8s even if it is a V8 Ford Fe-250 Diesel. Or any turbo charged or supercharged 4 to 6 cylinder cars. So you people in Victoria can count yourselves lucky.

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
2Fast2FuriousDude said:
N.S.W. a new P Plater from now on can't drive any V8s even if it is a V8 Ford Fe-250 Diesel. Or any turbo charged or supercharged 4 to 6 cylinder cars. So you people in Victoria can count yourselves lucky.
Sounds like Morris Minor and Mr Potatohead before him got it wrong again up there like your water restrictions!! Just cos they're S/C or Turbo or V8 doesn't make em powerful!! Here's an example, A WH Statesman 5.7 Gen111 is legal in Vic but not in NSW, on the other hand a VZ SV6 is Legal in NSW but not in Vic, GO FIGURE!!! If you'd like an explanation of both, just look at my post about 3 or 4 up from this one. Last of all, What ever happened to those uniform road laws we were all supposed to get???????

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
impressive said:
just cars will be the only company to touch u.
no one else touches any driver under 30 in these type of cars.
RACV Will insure GEn3 drivers over 25, im insured with my company im 27 and only pay $590(Yay for loyal customer price drops) full comp.
cybermatic said:
I just cheched for you and it would be illegal for you to drive this car. It exceeds both power-weight and capacity-weight ratios.

Even if you took the chance, the insurance will definately kill you. As already mentioned, Just Cars would be about the only insurance company that would consider insuring it for you and even then you would be looking at $2500+ a year.

There really isn't a need for a P plater to have a 5.7 litre V8 as far as I am concerned. Not to mention, if a Cop catches you with it, you will loose it.
Not to mention if you crashed it, being under vic road laws, you would have no insurance, they would take your money and leave you high and dry.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
HSVKEV260R8 said:
Sounds like Morris Minor and Mr Potatohead before him got it wrong again up there like your water restrictions!! Just cos they're S/C or Turbo or V8 doesn't make em powerful!! Here's an example, A WH Statesman 5.7 Gen111 is legal in Vic but not in NSW, on the other hand a VZ SV6 is Legal in NSW but not in Vic, GO FIGURE!!! If you'd like an explanation of both, just look at my post about 3 or 4 up from this one. Last of all, What ever happened to those uniform road laws we were all supposed to get???????

Hey I agree,but this is N.S.W. laws.
I didn't make them.