Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is having no mufflers bad? VX

tdirago

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Oh well, if you're keeping the car in a roadworthy state as you should it shouldnt have been that much of a problem then :)

Major defect notices are there for when there is a MAJOR safety concern on a vehicle. Sidewall compromisation of tyres is a pretty major safety concern.

did u not look at the case study? and its a huge concern mate, ####ing huge haha

and the drone isnt that bad, plus im already use to it haha, adding a hotdog makes no difference, ive tried.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
thanks xander and klampy... thats good to hear

i have noticed however that my economy use to sit at around 650, and now sits at 500... and there is a rich smell of unburnt fuel. could this be my o2 sensor failing or what?

ive noticed this only after getting it cut out as well, i know it isnt my oil, coolant, spark plugs, fuel injectors n **** because that usually detoriates over time, this just happened.

nah, it sounds ####ing nice though man, gear 1 up to 6000revs is so nice hahah.. ill get 1 when i have a decent sound recorder

Answered your own question.

I don't think it will hurt anything on your car, but your hearing may be a different story.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
.... obviously you change the walled tyres like u would a smashed tail light, then get it inspected.. it doesnt need a full rwc, cops are just being huge wankers
I am guessing you have a massive p plate? and a big mangtastic sticker across your rear window? Dude seriously cops are doing their job. Whitewalling involves shaving the sidewalls of your tyres. if you dont see this as dangerous good luck to you then.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
did u not look at the case study? and its a huge concern mate, ####ing huge haha

and the drone isnt that bad, plus im already use to it haha, adding a hotdog makes no difference, ive tried.

Yes, i did read the case study. And all it looks like is you trying to back pedal out of the **** you've gotten yourself into.

Whitewalls = Defectable.

Whitewalls = Shaving sidewall off your tyre, making them unsafe, and also removing load rating information.

Unsafe vehicle = Major Defect

But, if you drive everywhere manually shifting your auto with your hecktik exhaust to 6000rpm to make the chicks wet then it wont matter for much longer because something's going to have something blow up.

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Yes, i did read the case study. And all it looks like is you trying to back pedal out of the **** you've gotten yourself into.

Whitewalls = Defectable.

Whitewalls = Shaving sidewall off your tyre, making them unsafe, and also removing load rating information.

Unsafe vehicle = Major Defect

But, if you drive everywhere manually shifting your auto with your hecktik exhaust to 6000rpm to make the chicks wet then it wont matter for much longer because something's going to have something blow up.
images

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
u will generally lose economy city driving but highway driving its a different story and works in reverse. so wat ur seeing is almost normal.

tho u should atleast put a middle muff on these motors sound terrible with nothing at all.

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
u will generally lose economy city driving but highway driving its a different story and works in reverse. so wat ur seeing is almost normal.

tho u should atleast put a middle muff on these motors sound terrible with nothing at all.
Sounds terrible to most. But to his mang vn mates it sounds fully sick!!

tdirago

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
i lolled at how much you guys are having a go at how bad it sounds, like i care what you think haha, you wonder why just commodores has such a bad rep.. because its full of arrogance.

but thanks for answering my question.

ps: i dont know of any cases of tyres blowing out because a tiny tiny tiny bit of rubber was shaved back however so the cops can eat a dick

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
i lolled at how much you guys are having a go at how bad it sounds, like i care what you think haha, you wonder why just commodores has such a bad rep.. because its full of arrogance.

but thanks for answering my question.

ps: i dont know of any cases of tyres blowing out because a tiny tiny tiny bit of rubber was shaved back however so the cops can eat a dick

That...and V6 owners with barely an exhaust going MANG MANG MANG MANG MANG saying their exhaust sounds good..

Anyway concerning your "case study" aka the defect you got.

Tyres are a major component of your car safely driving around. Your tyres are unsafe. Ergo, go get a roady. If youre RW tester picks up the fact your exhaust is illegal, youll have to change it.

In any event... having no mufflers isnt going to harm the car, however, if you are going to 6000rpm in first gear I dont know why you would be worried about the condition of your car.