Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is it worth doing some custom electronics?

vnstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina s1 5.0L
$20? That's good. Do they charge different prices for 4/6/8 cyl 808s? I
$20 with no memcal - that'll be where all the cost is. i'm building an emulator then i'll use that modified VR code from delco hacking instead.

vnstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina s1 5.0L
I suggest you think about the microprocessor you are comfortable with and have the tools to program. ... Build your board and initially piggy back it onto the Delco ECU. Your code should allow you to monitor the ECU and sensors signals. Then take over the signal and just replicate it. Finally modify the signal.

yeah i've had that thought. someone on delco hacking has reverse engineered the HC11 in the 1227808, so i've considered porting it over to a pic. too much work for now, but definately in the long term project bin... the main advantage is it would be written in C, making it much easier to get the code to jump through hoops... and then throw that onto the new pics with the onboard DSP, sky's the limit then...

currently working on some math that may be able to do individual cylinder tuning. waiting on some pcbs and memory to arrive from china so i can do some eprom emulation...

vnstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina s1 5.0L
Of course it will all work just fine on the bench, but once you get it in the car with it's storm of electrical noise, all bets are off. Q.E.D.

all part of the fun :)