Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it worth upgrading VF2 SS to 375 or 400 kw?

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Got it back after not having it for nearly a week. Runs much better as the mixtures were all over the place , less fumey, and they even found another 20rwkw. Still has a bit of a surge just when you're about to stop though i can live with that. Would've been a much nicer car to drive though with the stock cam.

Whilst mine was getting worked on i was driving the boss's GTS. This one's had the Harrop stage 3 kit, and has a bit over 400rwkw. Still maintains its normal manners, though explodes into action when you give it some. My wife could easily drive the GTS. She won't go near the Redline

whats wrong with the redline??

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
It's supercharged and cammed. Not the easiest car to drive

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
quicker than the GTS?

Hard to tell, as i can't get traction in it, though I'm guessing it would be . It does feel punchier than the GTS

VF2_SSV_Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Good thread to read as I am starting my research into a mod on my VF2 Redline. I have been impressed with CA Autofashion in Melbourne, thier HP kits seem very competitive in price and performance, I'm looking at the Stage 7 385Kw with 3inch exhaust for mine. Has anyone had these guys trick theirs up? I would be interested for real world feedback, but their videos look impressive. I really like that they incorporate the factory bi-modal into the Di Fillipo system.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I'd focus a lot of energy into getting as wide a tyre as possible on the rears with any decent power upgrades to these V8's. There's a reason the factory released HiPo ZL1 Camaro and GT350R Shelby Mustang have 305 and 315 rears respectively. It's so you can hook up and not waste all that power.

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
Hi all : i just got the W407 upgrade on my vf2 ssvr : also got it lowered all round with kings ssl springs : drives excellent with no issues at all ☺

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Hi all : i just got the W407 upgrade on my vf2 ssvr : also got it lowered all round with kings ssl springs : drives excellent with no issues at all ☺

Nice upgrade, shame about the username.

RooiLyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F-2 Senator Signature
My VF1 has cam, intake, headers plus full exhaust & a tune. It increased output by 100 rear wheel Kw. I imagine that a VF2 would respond in a similar fashion. Choosing the right cam with your tuner is going to be important for drivability and living with the car but in my case, I know & trust the tuner and I've been really very happy with the results. The car come alive massively and is just so much better to drive down a backroad than the stock version, fantastic on the road in a whole bunch of situations - well worth doing but do pick a good tuner. I'd suggest spending a bit of time to see who you're comfortable with.