Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is this art?

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ill enclose a pic below, i want honest opinions on this.

the pic is one of this persons most famous art works, for those who dont know, it's by andy warhol.
reason for this is my wife and i went to the art museam in brisy to see the gallery of modern art, and andy warhol has a display there, and this one is ment to be his most famous one.

personaly i dont see anything interesting in this picture.
the origanl pic stood aprox 1.6m tall and aprox 400mm wide, it was on a peice of rice paper.
his method was screen printing, and used that method to create and pioner a section of art called pop art. and is also more famously noted for his redition of the last supper, and his version of maralyin munro

Attachments

• andy1.jpg
    andy1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 207

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
These days anything is art.

My kids do more interesting pictures than that lol, Recently my 5 year old is adding willy's and jinas to his pictures of people.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
HAHA, I used to do that when I was a kid, until the teacher had a little talk to my parents....:p

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
As christie said, anything is art thesedays.
My Gf is doing visual arts at uni, and i went into the studio one day, and some of it is so ****, like a piece of paper with one straight line WTF, and they get a uni degree at the end of that :O
(oh btw the art im talking bout is not my gf's, my gf actually puts some effort into her art lol.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
ill enclose a pic below, i want honest opinions on this.

the pic is one of this persons most famous art works, for those who dont know, it's by andy warhol.
reason for this is my wife and i went to the art museam in brisy to see the gallery of modern art, and andy warhol has a display there, and this one is ment to be his most famous one.

personaly i dont see anything interesting in this picture.
the origanl pic stood aprox 1.6m tall and aprox 400mm wide, it was on a peice of rice paper.
his method was screen printing, and used that method to create and pioner a section of art called pop art. and is also more famously noted for his redition of the last supper, and his version of maralyin munro

His art was basically a snap shot of pop culture at the time. For the time it was very different. I also went to the exhibition a few months ago. There was a lot of interesting stuff in the exhibition.

Art is what makes you feel something. If you don't feel anything from observing his art works then it's just not for you. I'm sure there are other artists works that have impressed you?

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
His art was basically a snap shot of pop culture at the time. For the time it was very different. I also went to the exhibition a few months ago. There was a lot of interesting stuff in the exhibition.

Art is what makes you feel something. If you don't feel anything from observing his art works then it's just not for you. I'm sure there are other artists works that have impressed you?

what makes it hard for me, is ages ago i went to europe, and had the pleasure of looking at artworks by michelangelo, davinci and picaso. also looked at works by a french artist, whos name escapes me at the time, (he was a land scape painter)

so i guess i was being harsh but i was also comparing the works of warhol against these artists.

im a fan of potrit painting, i enjoy landscape painting, and scuptures. my fravorite is ceasurs bust that is on display in the louve in paris,
all i have had the pleasure of viewing.
i know this year picaso is comming to the gallery of modern art, so ill be going to view that for sure.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
theres this art place on the gold coast somewhere and theres this big object out the front with all these thongs glued to it. looks so stupid i dont understand some artists definatly a different breed of people