Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is this car worth buying?

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
oh btw. he wants 4000 with rims. 3500 without rims so he's basically taking 2000 for my car with ****ed trans

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
why does he want to swap a "good" car for one with a rooted trans ?? perhaps yours is a fair bit better than that his and he wants to offload it id be very weary of trades especially when it for the same model car.

if you shop around you could probably find some private wrecking a vr and get a cheap tranny, me and a mate wrecked one recently sold the tranny out of a low km vr for $250 the guy was more than happy with it when he put it in

keep in mind most people dont sell a car because its the best thing in the world and it gives them no trouble, especially when they start to get old and especially when they want to get rid of that and get something exactly the same.

*edit*

p.s that baby seat aint fooling anyone my maniac step dad used to do 180kph down the freeway in his vr with his kids in the back lol

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
yeh i know where your coming from. he cant afford two cars regos as he has a vh v8 and he's a mech apprentice. i tried the trans thing last time. it was rooted again 4 months later so. he wants mine cause he can fix it easy and wants another project for some reason. i'm also getting my uncle mech to check it out with me before i go thru with the sale

Last edited:

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Dont bother spend the bit of money and fix your car. For all you know you could drive the white one for two months and it could s#!t itself. At least you know whats wrong with yours. Plus most mechanics have crap cars believe it or not, cause they are sick of working on cars the last thing they want is to come home and work on there own.

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
yer. trans, engine will go soon enuff, suspension needs replacing umm yeah

edit: oh and brake rotors too

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
id be a bit more courious about the engine being rebuilt after 200,000k's, driven hard a little to long maybe?

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
probly. was his mates and he bought it off him. rebuilt it himself{mechanic} and is his daily driver atm