Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this good or what?????

R

rattattack1313

hey..I just got this....seems pretty good.... http://clarktisdale.com/cr-download.htm ......this is how it was written....( not by me !!!)......

If you're like me (and for your sake, I hope you're not), you change the oil in your car-- oh, I don't know-- every three or four years. By the time I take my car in, the oil has gone through some mysterious chemical change to what I non-affectionately call "Black Peanut Butter". To make a long story short, I'm not a car person. My car maintenance philosophy is "don't fix it if it isn't broken". I've pushed my car to a job interview before. I need help.

Cars v3.0 is a program that was tailored made for car-oblivious geeks like me. Cars is a vehicle maintenance program that allows you to schedule and take notes on your cars maintenance history and scheduled maintenance.

Cars basically sets up a database where you can input all the pertinent information for your vehicles, create custom fields, and insert images of your car. I guess they don't want you to forget what it looks like. There are filters to allow you to view the data in different arrangements, giving you the information you want in the way you want it.

Cars can really save you some time and potential headaches. Here's a complete list of the features:
· Notes and multiple repair descriptions on each maintenance record
· Add your own fields to the database for extra flexibility
· Sort and filter maintenance records various ways
· Reporting provided in each area of the program
· Store a picture of each vehicle in the database

Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• Gremlinbig-sml.jpg
    Gremlinbig-sml.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 179
  • repair-records-small.jpg
    repair-records-small.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 170

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
It looks like a very basic program Rat...something I could write myself.

thanks for the idea! ... I might write one in Access or VB sometime.

czerwonyVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 3.8 A4
um....there's not being a car person, and then there's not only refusing to change your oil yourself but only getting it changed every 3-4 years!!! thats deplorable [/frysy]

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
i dont know too much about cars but i do change my oil about every 4 months cos i clock up the kays, the lancer has a 10000km service interval