Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is this superlow spring kit a good buy?

daNc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina II
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has bought from this seller before on ebay VX COMMODORE SUPER LOW KING SPRINGS & MONROE GT SHOCKS | eBay, he currently has a 5 day sale for them for $610 including shocks and all, RRP $990 im not sure if thats true of not.
only problem is im not sure if i want SSL's in the rear instead of SL's would i get a more even ride height because atm with the stock suspension the rear sits alot higher, would this be the same if i went superlows all round? Cheers

daNc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina II
bump thanks

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
there are so many threads on this topic, just search.

i brought a set for my old VT, was sweet ride was comfortable. its a good set for the money your paying.

and SSL would make the car sit alot more even then SL all round, SSL in the rear look great, but if you go any lower than SL i would also get a camber kit, unless you like getting new rubber every 5000ks

daNc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina II
there are so many threads on this topic, just search.

i brought a set for my old VT, was sweet ride was comfortable. its a good set for the money your paying.

and SSL would make the car sit alot more even then SL all round, SSL in the rear look great, but if you go any lower than SL i would also get a camber kit, unless you like getting new rubber every 5000ks
ok cheers, i thought even with SL's u should get a 2 point camber kit? even with the series 2 VX. would probably scrape alot with SSL though hmm? tough choice
thanks

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
i wouldn't even bother wasting money on a 2 point kit, i would go 4 point.

also you have 19" rims yeah? even with SL and a camber kit fitted you will need to roll your guards, they wont need to be done without the camber kit though.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
if its a vxII there is no need for an aftermarket camber kit, it should have the factory toe link.

daNc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina II
i wouldn't even bother wasting money on a 2 point kit, i would go 4 point.

also you have 19" rims yeah? even with SL and a camber kit fitted you will need to roll your guards, they wont need to be done without the camber kit though.
yea i got 19's, didnt think i had to roll guards with them, thats the reason i got them instead of 20's, so you say there will be no camber issues if i just go SL's and no camber kit then?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
SSL's and Geelong roads. Not a good mix.

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
yea i got 19's, didnt think i had to roll guards with them, thats the reason i got them instead of 20's, so you say there will be no camber issues if i just go SL's and no camber kit then?

mate your car is a series 2, it will already have the adjustable camber toes, you dont need a camber kit.

i stand corrected cheers.

vxcustom

VXXX
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx v6 executive
I have a vx series II with ssl all round and kyb excel g shocks and I diddnt need a camber kit.....I also run 275/40r17 tyres on the rear and only had to massage my outer guards a tiny bit........the biggest issue I had was not with scraping on the outside of the tyre but with rubbing on the inside......after removing some of the inner plastic lining I have had no trouble and can put three adults in the back seat and no scrubbing