Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Islamic values are superior to ''flawed'' Western secular values"

wickann15

YEEHAAAAAAAH
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Clubsport
It wasn't so long ago that the Catholic Church were the ones who were the religious extremists. How many deaths have they been responsible in the name of god? How many armies went to war while both sides were blessed by the church? You have to remember what the church has been responsible for over the years. Look at the witch trials 100 000 people killed because the church accused them of witchcraft. There always has been religious extremists and there always will be. The world would be a much better place if religion did not exist.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Whoever they worship, extremists give all religion a bad name.
The little old ladies who say their prayers before bed can keep doing so for all I care. Just don't get in my face and preach one way or the other. Same goes for athiests

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
It wasn't so long ago that the Catholic Church were the ones who were the religious extremists. How many deaths have they been responsible in the name of god? How many armies went to war while both sides were blessed by the church? You have to remember what the church has been responsible for over the years. Look at the witch trials 100 000 people killed because the church accused them of witchcraft. There always has been religious extremists and there always will be. The world would be a much better place if religion did not exist.

the world would be a better place if oil didn't exist, if money didn't exist, if drugs didn't exist, if marriages didn't exist, if child custody didn't exist, if guns & bombs didn't exist, if racial intolerance didn't exist, if people with different beliefs to our own didn't exist, if humans didn't exist..... there will always be extremists of ANY cause. You can try to ignore it as much as you like, but bottom line is, over 80 million people were killed in 2 world wars, and thousands more die every year from non-religious motivated violence, not because of religion, but from greed, intolerance and the quest for power. Hell in some countries people turn to violence, riot and even kill each other when their soccer team loses a game...

Violence is in our nature.... some more than others. Fortunately the majority of us have enough self-control to contain it. And unfortunately there will always be extremists of many causes (religious and non-religious), who can't. Take away religion, and the same wars will still happen, there will simply be another 'cause' used as an excuse to justify the actions.

Last edited:

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Sorry, I mussed of missed the part where people are raped, tortured, murdered, stoned to death and blown up in the name of Jesus Christ and his father.

There is a difference to preaching intolerance of other religions and HURTING people for not believing.

The words "useful idiots" spring to mind so often in these threads.

The Crusades and inquisition spring to mind for a starter.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Two things that should not be discussed on a public forum.... Politics & Religion!!!

Every man and his dog has an opinion on these two subjects... In the end I believe you should treat your fellow human being as you would like to be treated yourself.

Having said this... if you're as a55hole, then so be it, you should be treated as one and shown no mercy. :lmao:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The Crusades and inquisition spring to mind for a starter.

:rofl: Your comparing the middle ages to now?

Oh noes they did it 1000 years ago it is ok for us to do it now.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
OH COOOOOOOLL!!!!! I can go and kill my partners pathetic moron of an ex and say it was in my religion.......AND they used to do it back in the day.......so why can't i do it now to protect my family???

Awesome....thanks guys : )

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
lmao @ the whole religious crap. Some person writes a load of nonsense in a book, claims god told him to write it and now the bible has millions of followers. Biggest con of all time :p