Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with factory alarm

05 Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais RB25 turbo, VS Calais
Hey guys got a question for which i'll get to after a quick briefing. Last night my car alarm started going off and I naturally assumed someone was trying to break into it. I got outside and deactivated the alarm and had a look around and found no marks on the car nor any footprints in the yard around the car (parked on dirt and only just rained after it was last driven. So I went back to bed and the alarm started again like 2 minutes later. Just as I got out of bed again it stopped which I thought was really weird. Again no marks or foot prints or anything..

Today i told my sister about this and she said the same thing had happened with her VS Clubsport. Is there a common fault with the alarm systems or could we have some very sneaky wannabe thieves in our town?? And if it's thieves how would they stop the alarm without a key? (If you can inbox that so it's not public, that would be great). My car is a VS Calais if it matters.

Thanks for your time guys

Joe

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Where is your spare key?

05 Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
hanging up in a cupboard with with all my other spare keys

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ive seen these factory alarm systems play up before when the cars battery is on its last legs.

jeepyrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW 535D, VR V6 Ute
If you have your owners manual and the alarm goes off, when you disarm it; hop in and watch the flashing security light. It will flash in a code to tell you which sensor set it off and these details are in the manual. Turning the ignition on cancels it by memory so don't do that until you have worked out the flashes.

unfortunately i cant remember which flashing code equals what sensor but I'm sure google will help if you dont have an owners manual.

Often the bonnet switch gets filled with crud/damaged/corrodes.

05 Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea i've been through the manual and found all that info. Wasn't until after I started the car though so I didn't notice the flashing. The battery seems to be fine though this is the 3rd time i've heard this.. One thing I'm not sure of though is if I left the bonnet unlatched or not. It was 2 in the morning when it happened and I cant remember if I pulled the lever when I went to disconnect the battery