Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

wyeebloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ss ute
only problem ive had with my SS is the second you turn the steering wheel the volume control for the radio turns itself almost to mute and it isnt aftermarket also my aircon have never been cold

REXDRUMMER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE
Hi guys,Im sure youve all heard this one but as yet havnt found a solution,,Vy ss ute manual,,has problems selecting reverse,,it goes into gear but jumps out just and has a grinding noise,It works if you hold it in,,the rest of the gears select fine, surely theres someone out there whos had this happen who can point me in the rite direction,,

zachvy4

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s2 exec
VY II EXEC.
heat shield on LHS rattles its guts off when cold idle.
a/c has stopped working.. (Gas is full)
Suspected diff knock when braking and taking off although, i have been told by a mechanic that my rear front and lower k-frame bushes are worn, cheapest quote on getting them replaced is $700
trans whine when in 1st

The list is a quarter of the size it was 4 months ago, so she's getting there!

mesa93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
nothing about alternator's here? or a reason for my battery constantly dieing?

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
I've looked through the first 12 pages of this thread and found nothing so i'll fire my issue in here as well. Well starting from cold there is a crunching noise from the passenger side in the engine bay. Have tracked the accelerator cable back to the passenger side and it disappears into some sort of cylinder. Not a major problem but annoying all the same.
VY2 SS 04

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
195,000KM in. Starting to finally develop lifter noises.

So far though
-alternator
-scraping noise from rear wheels while in motion - caused by biased handbrake shoe. Have got the scrape fix kit from Holden but haven't fitted it on yet. Will probably need new shoes as the problem has been around for ages.
-thump from rear with moderate acceleration. I hear this is common.
-volume buttons sometimes doing the wrong functions.
-bonnet struts don't hold up bonnet anymore.

Overall though the car has served extremely well given it has been driven 500-600km a week for two years. Has only left me on the side of the road before I started to do maintenance; two popped houses and an alternator (on separate occasions of course).

I'm actually in the market for another VY to replace this one, a lower mileage Calais.

tallman5353

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Karma VF Calais V6
VY II EXEC.
a/c has stopped working.. (Gas is full)

zachvy4,
I had this problem with my old WH v6 statesman a while ago. Nothing wrong with the a/c itself, turns out there is some sort of switch on the back of the a/c unit failed. Was a pretty cheap fix if i remember.
Hope This helps

A Real Bad Cvnt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX Calais 5.7l, 01 VX Lumina, 03 VY S2 S-Pac
Holla, soo down to business, my 2003 VY SII S Pac has 193,000 ks and the traction control comes on and stops you from driving, sure I could just turn it off but I NEED it WORKING to pass road worthy, so anybody else had this problem and is it easy/cheap to fix?

I don't know much when it comes to electronics but I was hoping it's just a faulty switch or something on the traction control.

Also you blokes with the squeaking noises it IS one of the pulleys. Can't remember which one though...

calli

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Need help when driving around 80kms and take foot off accelerator and vehicles revs surge around 1000/1500rpm but soon as give it a little bit of Accelerator it's fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beaunus0126

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Commadore S pack, Silver,3.8L
found out the problem for it not starting, was cause it was a chepo battery and was lucky it even lasted to about August, but that skreeching noise still happens when i start it