Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 3.8 v6
Hi there everyone I'm new to the group
I have a 2003 Vy crewman the other day it was running well and one morning I went to gym training and stop to have a coffee when I jump back in car it wouldn't start so I got it towed to a mates house he changed the coil packs,spark plugs,leads,fuel filter and pump
Car ran for 15-20mins and back to won't start again auto electrician came didn't have spark he sorted it (connection to coil pack)got spark and now not getting spark and fuel pressure low
Any suggestions please

02Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais ecotec
Hi I recently bought a 02 vy Calais it has its stock rims on it but for some reason I can't find any others rims that will fit all the ones I've tried are always the same just a tiny bit of, any suggestions ?

mwila chalwe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy sv6 ute
Wasup everyone new to the forum. Just got a vy ute about 4wks ago, it has about 170k on the clock. When i took off from the lights i got the ol "check engine"message come on the dash but not the light though, after i turned it off and on again when i finally came got home it was all G. Anyone come across a similar issue, if so please advise to whats up. Cheers

SimonL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Vy Calais L67
My old man bought a VY auto a few weeks ago, and the only problem he has is the shudder in the steering. Any ideas on what it is exactly and how to fix it ourselves?? Thanx!
I had the same problem I drained the power-steering oil and put in new with Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak - 355mL fix the problem

Newera.aesthetics

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf black edition
Hey guys.. I have a vy monaro.. ls1 and just got her cammed.. 228/232.. and tuned .
Ok now the guy who i had it tuned from said she ran a bit warm after installation, so he swapped out my thermostat(because it was ceased ) and water pump because he thought he heard like a whining noise .. flushed out the coolant, drained out pretty much everything to do with the cooling system (except change the radiator) and now it runs quite warm .. legit 3/4 on temp gauge .. I questioned him about it and he said that he's never seen an ls1 run that high before ? But he says that I should get it checked which probably should as ive had the car for 7 yrs now and not once checked the radiator .. (my bad there) .. ive been told a new radiator may work, a proper flush check may work, ..any ideas would greatly help

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
could be rad, could be an air pocket in the coolant, could be a bad temp sensor.
whats the ecu reporting the temp as?

pete355

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais supercharged
Hey eveyone just wondering if anyone can help us out with my vy issue so the thing is the car can sit there locked unlocked but the blinkers seem to flash every half hour and if it sits there for 2 days struggle to start the thing. The other day i tried starting it was flat as hazards come on cd started shuffling error codes poped up on the dash took the key out blinkers still going wtf so i jump started was fine took it to a electritian many times everyone says it fine cleard the codes blinkers still flash what the f**k is happening with this thing any addvice would be great cheers

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Just as my ecotec passes through the 1000rpms on the throttle theres a massive vibration studder that grinds through the back of the engine near the rear sparkplug on passenger side.

I checked sparks they look ok but will renew

Is this a known common problem

buzz1965

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy commodore equippe wagon
Strange.. I have a 2003 VY Equippe wagon.
My ABS light continues to stay on..
I have have tried to do manual code check by bridging pin 5 and 12. However ABS light doesn't flash to give code but cluster with display "trac off"
Once I remove the bridge Cluster flashes "trac on".. I do not have a traction control button.
Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here??

Adzzee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy storm ute
Hey i have an issue with my ute every time i start her up she makes a knocking noise on drivers side i go's away after i start diving if any one knows everything please let me know