Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Itunes

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Okay so I got a new laptop and I was wondering how I go about transferring all my music from itunes on my old laptop to my new one. I've downloaded itunes on my new one but I'm not sure how to get the music on there.

thanks in advance

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
i think you hve to format your ipod and start again

hail storm

Reaction score
I'm by no way an expert on pc's.When I upgraded mine I copied the "MY Music" folder onto dvd discs ( took me 4 discs to do it) than added them to the new computer in the my music folder.If you have an exturnal hard drive you could do the same with that.
Good luck

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
I bought an external hard drive to get all my music off my old pc to my new pc, I got a Seagate Free agent with 1TB for $285 at MSY

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Yeah easiest way is if you have a hard drive or USB stick big enough (depends how much you have), or if you know how network them together and copy it that way.

Once you have the files on your new laptop you can just drag them into iTunes, or you can copy the whole library folder and somewhere in the preferences you can specify a new library folder.

Hardstylin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
He didn't say he had the files in his My Music, he said it's on his iTunes, and he wants to transfer it from one iTunes library to the other, which as far as I know is not possible unless you have the files.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
the files in his itunes library go to the music folder well mine do and so does 99% of everyone else networking would be best i reackon might take a while but if u can do it easily it prob the better option but if not like said about dvd's usb's external hard drive

Hardstylin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
the files in his itunes library go to the music folder well mine do and so does 99% of everyone else networking would be best i reackon might take a while but if u can do it easily it prob the better option but if not like said about dvd's usb's external hard drive

Are we talking about files that are purchased from iTunes? If so then yes, but who purchases all their music?

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
no i dont purchase anyof my music if i load songs on to itunes from say a cd it also goes into my music under Itunes library and all the songs are loaded there

Hardstylin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
no i dont purchase anyof my music if i load songs on to itunes from say a cd it also goes into my music under Itunes library and all the songs are loaded there

Oh alright, still the OP has stated it is in his library and has not said whether he has the files or not.