Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jacking a ve

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
So this is the sedan, I'm guessing the crossmember and front pads are the same in wagon and ute, and the rear pads would be in a similar vicinity of the rear stock jack points.
JackPoints.jpg

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
OK so after you raise the car using the jack points where would you put car stands?

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Personally, if I'm doing something needing stands I jack it using the front crossmember point and the diff. Then the stands go under the jacking pads. That way I'm only jacking twice, not four times. The only time I jack it up using the jacking pads is if I'm only working on one wheel, like a puncture or such, in which case I'm not going under the car and won't be long. Or if I'm going to be a while and the car is going to be up for any period of time, then I go back to jacking the whole car up, even for just one wheel. If I really have to (because stands under the jacking pads would be in the way) I'll use the k-frame near the bolt points. The k-frame is still pretty strong as it has to be. Though you'll see the front jacking point is still stronger than the rest of the k-frame, so I try to not use any other part of it. I wouldn't use the middle of one of the k-frame members, even though I doubt they would bend. But I'm a bit paranoid.