Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jaycar Help

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
OK i went out and brought a Jaycar speedo corrector kit, and built it and all the works.
Now i tried installing it into my vs commodore . And i spliced it into the Blue/white wire as i wanted to fix the shift points up to as well as the speedo being wrong.

I got a tune awhile ago from delcowizzard on here for 3.08 lsd gears , but ive put in a 3.7 gears now

I know my dash is about out by 20 k's
So i turned the kit to 20% fix and its made it worse and the car wont shift at the right places no more
When i did this the dash was down to about 5k's out so i was happy with that

but the biggest thing was now the car wasn't shifting properly at all 1st was taking way to long to shift out of (around 3500rpm @ like 40 ks and 2nd wouldn't come till about 90 k's)

Has anyone fitted on of these to a Vs 3.8l commodore?

any recommendations?
or

Should i just get Delco to make me a new tune ?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
The ECU will use the speed sensor in the gearbox to select the shift points, by the sounds of it your dash speedo is out by heaps, best idea i can think of is grab a GPS and use it while your driving to help calibrate your speedo atleast that will be accurate then, then if your unhappy with the shift points get delcowizzid to change his tune to suit the shift points, you'd need to let him know which gear to adjust up and down, would have to do a few calibrations to get it happy.

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
OK i went out and brought a Jaycar speedo corrector kit, and built it and all the works.
Now i tried installing it into my vs commodore . And i spliced it into the Blue/white wire as i wanted to fix the shift points up to as well as the speedo being wrong.

I got a tune awhile ago from delcowizzard on here for 3.08 lsd gears , but ive put in a 3.7 gears now

So i turned the kit to 20% fix and its made it worse and the car wont shift at the right places no more

but the biggest thing was now the car wasn't shifting properly at all 1st was taking way to long to shift out of (around 3500rpm @ like 40 ks and 2nd wouldn't come till about 90 k's)

any recommendations?
or

You have something out dramatically - 3.7 - 3.8 wont make much difference - mine is 3.7 & original is 3.08 with no compensation & it works ok

turbobrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS Commodore 6 speed.
ECU is reading speed and doing the work before sending the speed to the dash, so the ECU is still on normal time while the dash is now on daylight savings time.

If you want to do it properly, best to put the speedo back and get the ECU flashed for the new diff gears.

B.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I may be wrong but worth mentioning....

VN-VP wiring went "trans > dash > ECU" and the speedo corrector needed to go between the trans and dash (like how immorality did it in the how to)
VR-VS wiring goes something like "trans > ecu > dash" so what you need to do is make sure you wire it in after the ecu (use your wiring diagram to find what wires)

Im pretty sure thats how it goes, look in the how to immorality made and i remember someone mentioned the right way to do it to electronic gear box's in there :D

turbobrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS Commodore 6 speed.
Basically, for the Jaycar unit to work, you need to intercept it before the ECU reads it, then it will map the transmission gear changes, and other speed-related calculations based of the correct speed reading.

If this is not possible, an ECU re-map is the only other way in which to do it.

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
You have something out dramatically - 3.7 - 3.8 wont make much difference - mine is 3.7 & original is 3.08 with no compensation & it works ok

3.08 and 3.7 are worlds apart my friend.

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute

any recommendations?
or

remove the speedo and send it to DR.BOB at memcals.com and have him correct the speedo for your 3.7 ratio. cost $150 + postage

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
easier to just adjust the ppk value in the memcal it'l fix both then.