Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
[SARCASM]
Yes because our economy is so much larger and far reaching than than that of the US and the AUD is obviously in higher demand than the USD.
[/SARCASM]

The USA is on the brink of collapse ... they are masters of deceit and brought about a GFC ...

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Skydrol

Under the Australian Constitution, the Federal Government is responsible for the printing and issuing of our currency. The mint is the Government authority vested with the responsibility of printing notes and stamping coins. No other legal authority exists within Australia for these roles. We've had our crimes who have tried many times but their efforts are generally detected pretty quickly. AFAIK, the security safeguards designed into Australian banknotes is world leading.

So how the Gov pay for Gov Programs and Services? How much you guys pay on taxes? On my view, always will be a deficit that will never be paid and keeps on growing.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL

David Walker comptroller general of the US GAO quit over the GFC ...

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
The USA is on the brink of collapse ... they are masters of deceit and brought about a GFC ...

I have no doubt they are on the brink of collapse, but the reason's behind that are a completely different story/debate. It isn't because of the "evils of capitalism".

A couple of things that come instantly to mind;

It is because the US have been borrowing money off China for the past 3 decades to buy goods from China. They have very little industry left.

Trump has spent the last 2 years plus undermining the trust that underpins a capitalist democracy.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Skydrol

Under the Australian Constitution, the Federal Government is responsible for the printing and issuing of our currency. The mint is the Government authority vested with the responsibility of printing notes and stamping coins. No other legal authority exists within Australia for these roles. We've had our crimes who have tried many times but their efforts are generally detected pretty quickly. AFAIK, the security safeguards designed into Australian banknotes is world leading.

That's what they want us to believe .... securency scandal ... google it ...

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
So how the Gov pay for Gov Programs and Services? How much you guys pay on taxes? On my view, always will be a deficit that will never be paid and keeps on growing.

I pay taxes because they provide the infrastructure and security in which I live. I have the choice of moving to a country that has none of these things, you to do Skydrol (at least for now). May I suggest you avail yourself of that opportunity if you wish, but please leave me out of it.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Income tax, royalties, multiple taxes such as payroll, corporate taxes, foreign investment, form the majority of Federal income. Income tax rates are comparitivel high by international standards. Company tax at 30% is high.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
I pay taxes because they provide the infrastructure and security in which I live. I have the choice of moving to a country that has none of these things, you to do Skydrol (at least for now). May I suggest you avail yourself of that opportunity if you wish, but please leave me out of it.

Why move when others get into the Panama papers ... https://www.icij.org/investigations/panama-papers/