Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No one says that, data shows, if you remove one drug people will generally shift to a different drug, meth being the cheapest, that is likely where people will go.

Also injection of meth is fairly low, smoking it is the more common method of use.
Inside knowledge hey...Might explain a bit to do with your line of thought...(Or lack of)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Look, if you want to drink and drive and kill yourself I'd say go right ahead and do that, make sure it's in a deep ditch somewhere where we can just put a tipper load of dirt over you and call it done. However it's not that simple, most drink drivers seems to hurt others, in a crash the drunk driver in many instances come off better than the passengers or the poor bugger they hit and then there are the paramedics and firefighters who have to clean up the mess.

No, there simply is no reason to drink and drive and there is no moral high ground to argue such a point!

Interestingly, where Mr26 works, if you tests you and finds alcohol in your system or any drugs for that matter you are down the road, no ifs buts or maybes.

The problem with this line of thought when it comes to dropping dirt over the turds is, the poor bugger that has to do it and see the drunk that has written himself off....

Agree with the rest...Poor responders having to deal with the aftermarth.....Bad enough with the day to day things that aren't preventable, without the preventable things like inconsiderate asswipes that want to drive drunk and hurt innocent people

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Meth is $300-400 a gram, so $30-40 a point. That's pretty cheap.

The reason there's a limit is quite a lot of food can set off the breathalysers.
Even pizza can.

How the F can a pizza tip you over with a breatho? There ain't any grog in a pizza, unless you put it in there making it.

Me thinks best you leave the meth alone

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You really have an excuse for everything.

Let me guess, you got caught because you ate to many pizza's? LOL

I've been through enough alcohol check points and never set off the machine after going out for dinner.

0.00 is unreasonable, I think you will actually find that P platers aren't 0.00 I think you will indeed find that they have a limit too.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Not here in NZ. Zero limit till you have a full license.

Zero limit is fully reasonable when you see the carnage drink driving causes.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Watch some of the cop shows, how many people get caught over the limit when they've had a couple of glasses of wine with dinner or a few beers.
And there's nothing to suggest that that level of intoxication would have caused a problem on their drive home or even been a factor in them crashing had that happened.

The .05 benchmark is perhaps too low in that it allows for some to be at or near it and feel no effect, or an effect not consistent with what a person would personify as "drunk" and therefore catches and statisifies behaviours incorrectly.

There have been other shows where they test alcohol and driving in a controlled environment, very interesting to watch and how quickly peoples abilities drop with a little alcohol.

I'm not sure "a little alcohol" is classifying it correctly. But they also test lack of sleep and that has a similar results in the case of judgement and reaction impairment.

Studies have shown that staying awake for just 17 to 19 hours straight impacts performance more than a blood-alcohol level of .05 percent (the level considered legally drunk in most western European countries). This level of impairment slows an individual's reaction time by about 50 percent compared to someone who is well rested

https://sleep.hms.harvard.edu/educa...h-education-program/sleep-health-education-89

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Not here in NZ. Zero limit till you have a full license.

Zero limit is fully reasonable when you see the carnage drink driving causes.

Here this is from SA, but it is wrong because P platers actually have a limit, it's printed on the bloody licence. But people like you read statements like this and take them as literal facts when in reality it's just easier to say 0.

"If you are a learner, provisional or probationary licence holder you must stick to a zero Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) - this means no alcohol at all."

https://mylicence.sa.gov.au/road-rules/the-drivers-handbook/alcohol-drugs#:~:text=If you are a learner, means no alcohol at all.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Maybe. Meth however is not cheap, there are plenty of other "soft" drugs and just because you can't get alcohol for one day doesn't just turn people into meth heads. You are STILL NOT LISTENING. I NEVER SAID PROHIBITION, JUST RESTRICTION OR CONTROL.

You seem very focused on meth, anything you want to share?

Drink driving. I advocate for a zero limit. Why do you need to drink and drive? why endanger other road users?

What is a safe limit? What might be safe for one will be to much for another. The simple answer is a zero limit for driving.

My sons have understood this simple concept since they got behind the wheel, you don't drink and drive. Here in NZ there is a zero tolerance during your learners period and there is no reason that shouldn't continue once you have your full license.

Watch some of the cop shows, how many people get caught over the limit when they've had a couple of glasses of wine with dinner or a few beers. There have been other shows where they test alcohol and driving in a controlled environment, very interesting to watch and how quickly peoples abilities drop with a little alcohol.

And then we just need to look at the number of repeat offenders we have when it comes to drink driving. Most people don't seem to learn, a ticket or a loss of license doesn't work where maybe a stretch in the slammer will certainly wake you up.

I find it funny how you always argue points and say this expert said this and that, but when it comes to the experts that deal with criminal matters IE the magistrates, you know better than them.

Yep lets just lock everyone up for being .01 over the limit.
Phones have been proven to be as bad as high range drink driving, so should we lock people up for getting caught using a phone while driving?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Nah that can't be true lout, it's fake news, AI, it's totally fake.

Just ask JD and Chris, Immo ect, there wasn't any voting fraud. Trump started Jan 6 he was going to spear Nancy with a flag pole, just ask them.