Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
So why can't they agree on anything? Like getting the necessary votes to impeach Mayorkas or corpse.

Maybe there are some people in the GOP left who aren’t complete partisan nutters? They seem to listen to Trump pretty well, making sure the border bill wouldn’t get up because the Donald said so.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
so what questions was that response in relation to ?

Does it matter? Threatening to call out the lawyer attack dogs when you’re constantly banging on about free speech is the height of hypocrisy.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Free speech doesn't mean it can't be scrutinised.

Sure, but it predominantly seems to be the right that will shut down comments or opinions they don’t like or threaten to get lawyers involved to shut up dissent.

Just have a look at the LNP which doesn’t allow comments at all on their YouTube videos, but the Labor party does. Or Sky News, who have removed my comments in the past because they don’t conform with their echo chamber.

Supposed ”left wing“ media is constantly under attack by lawyers hired by those on the right (who in a lot of cases are rich so they can afford the lawyers) to silence dissent.

We have no implicit freedom of speech in this country so it’s lawyers at fifty paces to determine what the “newspeak” will be.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Does it matter? Threatening to call out the lawyer attack dogs when you’re constantly banging on about free speech is the height of hypocrisy.
matters alot (maby it was threatening but we dont know cos they left it out) and the fact they left that part out so it sounded like it was against free speech is mighty convenient for anyone that dosnt see that little trick they just played with the article

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
matters alot (maby it was threatening but we dont know cos they left it out) and the fact they left that part out so it sounded like it was against free speech is mighty convenient for anyone that dosnt see that little trick they just played with the article

I highly doubt that The Guardian would threaten someone and I’m sure if they did Alex Antic would have rightly called them out on it.

More likely is that The Guardian asked him some questions that made him uncomfortable or cut too close to the bone and he got offended by it.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I highly doubt that The Guardian would threaten someone and I’m sure if they did Alex Antic would have rightly called them out on it.

More likely is that The Guardian asked him some questions that made him uncomfortable or cut too close to the bone and he got offended by it.
well they should post up the questions so we know context, just giving an answer but not the questions leaves the door wide open to thought, they are a news outlet they should know that im sure there would be a transcript to just copy/paste from, and if the questions were simple and antic was exaggerating his response im sure they would have added the questions in to make him look like more of a fool, but they left them out on purpose

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Sure, but it predominantly seems to be the right that will shut down comments or opinions they don’t like or threaten to get lawyers involved to shut up dissent.

Just have a look at the LNP which doesn’t allow comments at all on their YouTube videos, but the Labor party does. Or Sky News, who have removed my comments in the past because they don’t conform with their echo chamber.

Supposed ”left wing“ media is constantly under attack by lawyers hired by those on the right (who in a lot of cases are rich so they can afford the lawyers) to silence dissent.

We have no implicit freedom of speech in this country so it’s lawyers at fifty paces to determine what the “newspeak” will be.
No different than my comments deleted or banned from ministers pages while politely asking questions, pointing out where they’ve gone against what they promised, etc from the opposing side of politics.

Why are you watching LNP or Labor on YouTube? I couldn’t think of anything worse lol

If lawyers are involved I would imagine there is a legal issue? If no law is broken nothing they can do.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Lets see if Luxon is a hypocrite this time around? Expecting all government services to save 6.5-7.5% which has already resulting in job losses for some and many more hundreds of jobs been made redundant in the near future.

Instead of a pay rise, I expect they should take a pay cut inline with the expectation they have placed on the rest of government!

At least the former PM Ardern put in place a wage freeze so lets see if Luxon has the same moral fortitude and learnt his lesson after his last perks debacle!

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
well they should post up the questions so we know context, just giving an answer but not the questions leaves the door wide open to thought, they are a news outlet they should know that im sure there would be a transcript to just copy/paste from, and if the questions were simple and antic was exaggerating his response im sure they would have added the questions in to make him look like more of a fool, but they left them out on purpose

Maybe they didn’t post the questions up as they didn’t want to give the sooky lala any excuse to take them to court. The Guardian isn’t a multibillion dollar news propaganda outfit like most of the other MSM so spending a shitload of money defending themselves in court against a sooky lala who says “do as I say and not as I do” didn’t sound like a wise use of their money.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Why are you watching LNP or Labor on YouTube? I couldn’t think of anything worse lol

I don’t, I thought I’d go check them out to prove my point, and they absolutely did.