Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
Goebbels And The “Big Lie”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nazi propaganda chief Joseph Goebbels was the master of the “big lie” tactic in which a lie, no matter how outrageous, is repeated often enough that it will eventually be accepted as truth. Goebbels explained:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
this is my last word on the subject!! p.s to daxster- welcome to the machine. :idea3:

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Cool story. Now feel like saying something yourself instead of copying and pasting diatribe from an outside source that makes zero sense not only to the ongoing topic, nor to the statement you made in the past.

Seems to me like you've just read alot of Goebbels stuff and taken it on face value rather than picking up a history book.

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
Cool story. Now feel like saying something yourself instead of copying and pasting diatribe from an outside source that makes zero sense not only to the ongoing topic, nor to the statement you made in the past.

Seems to me like you've just read alot of Goebbels stuff and taken it on face value rather than picking up a history book.
tactic used very successfully by howard and bush.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Then why didnt you just say that rather than going on about Germany going back to some former glory and making absolutely zero sense in the process of getting to your point. Talk about headbutting a wall.

Also, dont limit it to Howard and Bush. Gillard and co is on a sexism witch hunt. Anything that can possibly be taken as sexist is being taken as sexist and is being blown in parliament.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I think Gillard has taken it too far with the Misogynist claim. I think its fairly obvious that Abbot clearly sees women as the weaker sex, and I am quite sure he believes in his unspoken heart that a woman's place is barefoot and pregnant, but I don't think he hates them. I've personally had enough of both sides of the somewhat pointless argument.

Isn't it time they got back to work trying to run the country together? I don't give a crap if he hates women or not, so long as he works with the ones he has to work with to the betterment of the country.

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
Then why didnt you just say that rather than going on about Germany going back to some former glory and making absolutely zero sense in the process of getting to your point. Talk about headbutting a wall.

Also, dont limit it to Howard and Bush. Gillard and co is on a sexism witch hunt. Anything that can possibly be taken as sexist is being taken as sexist and is being blown in parliament.
because that's the way I roll Tinkerbell.

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
Like i said. This has what to do with German circa 1930-1945?
because it is history, you dolt, and history is reapeating itself like it allways does, wtf is going on in europe at moment with germany exerting financial power instead of military power.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
because it is history, you dolt, and history is reapeating itself like it allways does, wtf is going on in europe at moment with germany exerting financial power instead of military power, there dumbkoff, spelt out for you.

Resorting to calling me a "dolt" and "dumbkoff" and not even getting the spelling right. Kind of ironic. Germany being in a position of being able to throw some money during the euro zone fiscal crisis has about as much to do with history repeating itself as Labor have had credibility.