Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
is this wanker your typical Tony Abbott supporter?
like Tony he seems to have a bit of trouble stringing a sentence together

Punter posts bizarre Federal Election video | News.com.au

is this the best Murdoch can come up with in the last days of his political campaign?

The guy in the video is a nutjob, not sure what it has to do with Murdoch though. I guess linking Murdoch and this video makes you as big a nutjob as the guy in it.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
is this wanker your typical Tony Abbott supporter?
like Tony he seems to have a bit of trouble stringing a sentence together

Punter posts bizarre Federal Election video | News.com.au

is this the best Murdoch can come up with in the last days of his political campaign?

If you think that bloke is off the mark, did anybody see (witness is more appropriate) Clive Palmer's "interview" on the Today show today? That bloke, for a billionaire, is bonkers. Ten minutes of raving clap-trap that made little or no sense whatsoever and he wants Australia to vote for his party. He wants to rebuild a Titanic FFS. Why - one look at him on TV will convince anybody he's not the full picnic - he doesn't need to spend many millions reconstructing a tragedy to do it.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Forgive me for adding my two cents into Australian politics , but it does interest me its not just NZ's system that is leaking idiots

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
If you think that bloke is off the mark, did anybody see (witness is more appropriate) Clive Palmer's "interview" on the Today show today? That bloke, for a billionaire, is bonkers. Ten minutes of raving clap-trap that made little or no sense whatsoever and he wants Australia to vote for his party. He wants to rebuild a Titanic FFS. Why - one look at him on TV will convince anybody he's not the full picnic - he doesn't need to spend many millions reconstructing a tragedy to do it.

Clive Palmer is obviously insane, with delusions of grandeur. Even more so than Kevin Rudd. May I add that he also wishes to build a golf course/fairground with a Jurassic Park theme. I predict next he will start to dress like a Bond villain.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon

And the scarier thing is,
With just two days to go in the 2013 federal election campaign, the Labor party appears to be bleeding votes to Clive Palmer’s Palmer United Party, while Mr Palmer has made extraordinary claims about media mogul Rupert Murdoch.

Over 24 hours, Labor has seen a decrease of 2.3% in its primary vote, now down to 32.7%, while Mr Palmer’s primary vote has risen to 6.1%.

The Coalition's primary vote has also gone backwards slightly, down 0.8% to 40.5%, which is within the poll's margin of error.
not sure how accurate the figures are.

It's a worry that although people want change, there is no real choice apart from the 2 major parties and many are to stubborn to swing to the opposition.

Will we ever have a decent third party?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Well Greens are polling in NSW at ~11%; whether or not they are the party for you (and most users of this forum) is up for debate (though I know what the responses will be...). Many European governments have 4-5 popular parties, very rarely does any party win a distinct majority. Thing is with our preferential voting system it will always benefit the two leading parties/coalitions, whoever they are. It is mathematically possible for a party to get 49.5% of the popular vote, but then not win any seat in the lower house. It is also possible for a candidate in a seat to got get perhaps 10% of the primary vote - and still win the seat, due to preferences. Just as well there is the senate. I feel proportional representation is the fairest system of all, as it is more likely to reflect the actual political views of he community.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

I watched it this morning and you are right he is 100% insane. He is looking at gaining 10 seats in the Senate. I think Karl was trying his hardest not to laugh.

My favorite bit was Karl asked him about people losing their jobs, I believe it was in regards to not working the polling booths over the weekend (correct me if I am mistaken I was getting dressed for work while it was on) and he replied "Thats their problem". I was just amazed at that response and do not know how anyone can vote for that.

It is sad that we don't have a fully fledged, viable third party because after the last 6 years I think a lot of people are just fed up with Labor and Liberal. They tried the "shove it to them" by voting Greens or Independents in 2010 and it bent us over royally.

Its a shame Palmer is insane because someone with his money could easily fund a viable third. Naming it after yourself and having him as the face of the party was probably their first mistake.

Then to top it off at the end of the interview Karl mentioned the Titanic as a joke and he went off on a ramble about love and Romeo and Juliet.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Couldn't care less who get's in, as long as there are no seats for the greens.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
And the scarier thing is, not sure how accurate the figures are.

It's a worry that although people want change, there is no real choice apart from the 2 major parties and many are to stubborn to swing to the opposition.

Will we ever have a decent third party?

Based on what I see in politics, I think we should just start our own.

Minux can be PM, Reaper can have finance, I will take infrastructure and health. Who want's environment?